Amber Residence situated in the Highbrow area of GRA Ikeja, Lagos is an ideal place for holiday and business travelers who are wishing for a serene and quiet environment. It offers access to a wide range of attractions and facilities, providing guests with comfort and convenience.
We are currently recruiting to fill the below position:
Job Title: Bedroom Hand
- Sweep, scrub, mop and polish floors vacuum ;
- Clean carpets, rugs and upholstery dust;
- Polish furniture and fittings;
- Clean metal fixtures and fittings:
- Empty and clean trash containers;
- Dispose of trash in a sanitary manner;
- Clean wash basins, mirrors, tubs and showers:
- Wipe down glass surfaces, make up beds and change linens as required;
- Tidy up rooms, wash windows as scheduled;
- Operate mechanized cleaning equipment, maintain all cleaning equipment and materials in a safe and sanitary working condition;
- Monitor and report necessary domestic repairs and replacements
- And any other tasks that may be assigned.
- Minimum of WASC/GCE/NECO in not more than two sittings (inclusive of Mathematics and English Language) and should have been obtained not later than 2013 calendar year.
Skills and Competency Requirements:
- Knowledge in hotel services especially in Housekeeping.
- Knowledge and skills as a bedroom hand and tidying of rooms in hotels.
- Must be courteous to guests.
- Must have good communication skills.
- Good knowledge on laundry documentation.
- Must have excellent inter personal and people skills
- Must be smart, eloquent and customer centric.
- Must be well groomed.
Job Title: Front Office Supervisor
- Assist the Front Office Manager in ensuring the smooth and efficient overall day – to – day operations of the Front desk including reservations.
- Provide excellent customer service per the standards of the Residence, and assist in situations to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Ensure guest requests, inquiries and concerns are addressed and completed in a timely manner.
- Assist in the supervision and preparation of function sheets with the delivery and execution of guest welcome letters and profile updating.
- Review guest special requests and ensure they are met or exceeded.
- Working with all departments in the Residence to ensure we meet or exceed guests’ expectations and all guests’ billing is accurate and up to date at time of departure.
- Act as a liaison with the Sale’s team, Food & Beverage, Facility and Housekeeping teams to ensure clear communication.
- Assist in the administration and management of the Front Office, including but not limited to scheduling.
- Ensure that the Department adheres to company’s policies, procedures and standards as specified in the company’s Standards and Operation Manual (SOP).
- Assist in providing staff with ongoing coaching, training and development.
- Coordinate Residence emergency procedures within the scope of defined plans.
- Engage in the preparation and rendition of returns, reports and other assignments as required by Management.
Qualifications and Requirements
- The successful candidate must have at least three years Front Office agent experience that must include handling of large group arrivals.
- The successful candidate must have excellent command of the English language is essential, both written and verbal.
- The successful candidate must be customer centric and have a very good relationship management skill that must include the ability to deal with all guests service situations while continually ensuring guest’s satisfaction is obtained in the Residence.
- The successful candidate must have proven supervisory skills which should include the ability to motivate and mentor colleagues for greater productivity.
- The successful candidate must be able to work under pressure and stressful situation.
- The successful candidate should be person that pays attention to details and have excellent organizational skills.
- The successful candidate should be able to work with little supervision and must be self motivated.
- The successful candidate must have solid knowledge of Microsoft Office and general computer applications. Knowledge of OPERA Information, Technology and Communication (ITC) would be an added advantage.
- The successful candidate must have at least a University degree in any related discipline.
Job Title: Facility Manager
- Monitors the operations of our residence equipment and systems and implement effective maintenance schedule required to ensure their efficiency, improvement and expansions
- Apply professional skills to monitor the purchase, use and inventories of spear parts, maintenance supplies, and equipments and initiate reordering when necessary
- Track, analyze and improves key maintenance parameters such as asset utilization, maintenance cost, schedule compliance etc.
- Source and recommend experienced service providers and ensure timely and successful completion of projects and system set up
- Directs contractors as needed to achieve compliance with applicable regulations and to complete needed investigation of and repair to utilities
- Oversee the completion and submission of required monitoring reports and operating permits to ensure compliance with applicable rules and regulations
- Ensure that maintenance technicians are adequately trained and equipped to deliver maintenance services in a safe, timely and cost effective manner at the residence
- Directs, maintains, and enforces the safety program, health and environmental policies and procedures
- Direct Budget preparation and monitor compliance with budget changes-when necessary
- Maintain and ensure effective use of maintenance workshop equipment
Skills Requirements and qualifications
- Minimum of B Sc/HND in Electrical Engineering
- 8-15 years hands-on experience and working knowledge/ skills of basic fields (Carpentry, Electrical and Plumbing, A/c) in the hospitality industry would be an added advantage.
- Communication – Effective written and verbal communication skills that conveys information effectively.
- Good knowledge of hand and power tools.
Deadline: 5th November, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Job title” as subject of the email.