Diamond Development Initiatives (DDI) is a not-for-profit development consulting organization. DDI provides support to social and economic development projects including micro and small enterprise (MSE) development, agriculture, trade and investment initiatives, renewable energy and participatory development best practices.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Officer
Location: Birnin Kebbi
- Applications are invited for the position of Project Officer. The successful candidate will be located in Birnin Kebbi and manage our portfolio of projects in Kebbi State.
- The projects promote the development of farmer cooperatives, producer associations and small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs) and increase their market competitiveness and positively impact the individual farmers, the organizations, and grassroots communities by increasing product outputs and generated income.
The following job specific qualifications and levels of experience are desired:
- A degree in Agriculture, Finance, Business Administration or Economics
- At least five years of experience in business or financial management.
- Experience in business or financial consulting for micro, small and medium scale enterprises and/or experience in training delivery
- Experience in the design, development and implementation of micro, small and medium scale enterprise projects
- Experience with business development, trade and/or investment activities related to micro, small and medium scale enterprises
- Demonstrated ability to develop, implement, monitor and evaluate business development, trade and/or investment programs.
- Knowledge of best practices related to portfolio management, business appraisals, due diligence assessments, business plan development and market development
- Substantial business documentation and presentation skills as evidence of ability to effectively interact with small business clients and/or prospective investors.
- Hands-on management experience in a small business or corporation.
- Articulate in written and spoken English and Hausa languages.
Deadline: 1st November, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications including a Cover Letter that explains how you meet the above criteria and a detailed Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Job title” as subject of the email.
Note: Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.