Recruitment at Bourbon Interoil Nigeria Limited for IT Officer
Bourbon Interoil Nigeria Limited, a leading international player in marine services, Bourbon offers to the most demanding oil & gas clients worldwide a full line of innovative, safe, high performance and new generation vessels and an expanded offer of offshore oil & gas services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: IT Officer
Reference number: 2019-148
Location: Onne , Rivers
- To provide local site and vessels’ IT maintenance and support. To comply with Corporate IT standards, processes, activities and deliverables in line with achieving BINL objectives.
- Description and Expected Outcome/Performance Indicators
- Support the IT department and provide comprehensive assistance in project initiation, planning, execution, control and closure to facilitate IT related activities. Provide first level IT related hardware, software and network support.
- To provide IT maintenance and support to site and vessels: Assist with Coordination of internal mobility and manage promotion.
- Provide first level support, including procedural documentation and relevant reports
- Follow diagrams and written instructions to repair a fault or set up a system
- To support external service providers and local IT security activities in order to accomplish all IT goals.
- To support the installation of telecommunication links between the Corporate network and the site/vessels: satellite links, leased lines, Virtual Private Network (VPN), etc.
- To comply with Corporate IT standards: applying Corporate guidelines and Affiliate procedures.
- Install and configure computer hardware operating systems and applications
- Monitor and maintain computer systems and networks
- Troubleshoot system and network problems, diagnosing, solving hardware or software faults and replacing parts when the need arises.
- To carry out a detailed professional and technical report of each IT equipment work done. The report must be sent to his line manager
- Daily check and monitoring of the Site backup application and scheduler and report every morning with a screenshot of all the task perform for documentation purposes.
- Daily report of job done and proper report to the IT Manager
- Follow company safety procedures and conduct toolbox meeting with safety takes me home every morning.
- Talk staff or vessel crew through a series of actions, either face-to-face or over the phone, to help set up systems or resolve issues
- Conduct electrical safety checks on computer equipment where required and issue IR deliverables.
- To provide support for the fleet IT equipment and upgrade of the entire IT equipment when required.
- Support the roll-out of new applications
- Set up new users’ accounts, profiles and deal with password issues by responding within the agreed turnaround time limits for all request, work continuously on a task until completion
- Prioritize and manage many open cases at one time, test and evaluate new technology
- Rapidly establish a good working relationship with shore staff, vessel crew and other professionals in the organization
Qualifications, Skills and Experiences
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering and related discipline. Post Graduate or Master’s Degree in a function related field will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 8 – 10 relevant work experience.
- Must possess relevant IT Certification (Prince 2, PMP, ITIL).
- Confident negotiator with excellent communication skill.
- Competences in deployment of ERP systems, software management and maintenance.
- Knowledge of Business Application.
- Ability to solve problems.
- High sense of integrity.
- Team work and high level of effective customer centric attitude.
Deadline: 14th November, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online