WaterAid is an international organisation whose mission is to transform the lives of the poorest and most marginalised people by improving access to safe water, sanitation and hygiene. Through their partners, they have reached 2 million people with safe water and 3 million people with sanitation last year.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Regional Manager – Accelerating Sustainable Control and Elimination of Neglected Tropical Diseases (ASCEND)
Locations: Ghana, Liberia, Niger, Sierra Leone or other WaterAid Office in West Africa
It is hard to believe that today 785 million people do not have clean water and 2 billion do not have, a decent toilet – around one in four of the world’s population, Every two minutes a child under five dies from diarrhea diseases caused by poor water and sanitation. WaterAid is looking for a Regional. Manager – ASCEND to play a vital role in our mission to make clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene normal for everyone, everywhere by 2030.
Working within the West Africa Team, the Regional Manager – ASCEND will:
- Support collaborative Water Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) /Neglected Tropical Disease (NTD) platforms at national and regional level, among others
- Support partners in developing, implementing and sharing effective, efficient and inclusive project plans
- Responsible for contract management, programme management delivery and quality of services and budget management on the programme.
We started because no NGO like us existed. We’ll end when no organisation like us is needed. In the meantime, we’re making great progress – since 1981, we have reached 25 million people with dean water and, since 2004, 24 million people with sanitation.
To be successful, you’ll need to:
- Have University degree in Public Health, Social Sciences, International Development or related field
- Fully committed to WaterAid’s vision, mission and values and a way of working that demonstrates this, with the ability to communicate this enthusiasm to others.
- Experience of programme management, campaigning and advocacy
- In depth understanding of Advocacy for Water Sanitation and Hygiene issues, opportunities and challenges
- Be be fluent in English and French Languages
We’re looking for people who share a commitment to our vision. We’re looking for people with an appreciation and respect for different people and ideas, and the energy and expertise to help tackle the most important challenges.
In return, you can expect to get inspiration from the change you help make happen, a sense of belonging and the feeling of being part of a global community. You will also experience stimulation and fulfillment, the chance grow, and space to be yourself at your best. This is our pledge to you.
Deadline: 18th October, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application, consisting of a Letter of Interest and a CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using Application for Regional Manager-ASCEND post as the subject of the email.
Note: To apply for this role you must be able to demonstrate your eligibility to work in any of the West African countries listed.