Vacancy at Creative Associates International for IT Manager – Northern Nigeria Education Initiative Plus (NEI+)
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic institutions and stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 15 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: IT Manager – Northern Nigeria Education Initiative Plus (NEI+)
- The IT Manager will be responsible for providing technical support to all IT related issues for the project including but not limited to installation and testing of work stations, printers, client software, upgrades, and configuration among other IT related matters.
- Reporting & Supervision: The IT Manager will report to the Operations Manager.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree is required, Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Sciences or a related field is highly desired;
- At least six (6) years of general work experience;
- Must have at least four(4) years of specific experience in desktop support, ICT, Information Systems, ora related field;
- Knowledge of USAID Rules and Regulations, previous experience working on USAID-funded projects preferred;
- Strong communication skills and an ability to work well as a member of a team; and
- Fluency in English is required.
- Implement and document network operations, processes, and procedures;
- Deploy and implement office network according to HQ specifications;
- Serve as the office Network Administrator;
- Identify and solve possible problems in the network;
- Supervise installations performed by third parties such as cabling, Internet connection, etc.
- Supervise and follow-up on equipment maintenance performed by other contractors;
- Support and troubleshoot users in the office on their daily work;
- Implement and enforce security on the network and prevent misuse of the IT resources.
- Participate in writing IT office policy;
- Responsible for IT inventory; work closely with the Operations Manager to monitor distribution and location of IT equipment by performing a yearly inventory check-up;
- Set up, implement, and maintain hardware firewall;
- Keep the network healthy by applying all required security patches and monitoring the correct delivery of all antivirus updates;
- Implement and document a disaster recovery plan and offsite storage of backed up data;
- Assist other staff members in trouble shooting and solving IT related challenges; and
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
Deadline: 22nd October, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their comprehensive Resume with a brief Cover Letter as One Ms Word document or PDF to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Note: If the above instruction is not followed, the application will not be considered.