Tropical General Investments (TGI) Group is an international investment and holding company with over three decades in building sustainable businesses in fast moving consumer goods (FMCG), agriculture, agro-allied, healthcare, chemicals, real estate and oil and gas in 12 countries including Nigeria, Ghana, Republic of Benin, Morocco, UAE, India, South Africa, China etc. with an over 9,000 multicultural workforce.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Manager- Agri Input Division
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- The Finance Manager – AID is responsible for financial and management reporting of the operations in close collaboration with CFO and the Business Team.
- Manage day to day product accounting, budgeting processes, risk management, ensuring compliance of Company’s policies & procedures , working capital management, good control over books of accounts, understanding of imports process, LC’s, Foreign Currency Management, reconciliations, internal audit compliance, statutory audit, critical reviews & coordinate the upcountry operations.
- 8+ years of overall experience and out of which 4 years in managing the Agri Commodities of large trading/ processing organization (incl. monthly profitability, product accounting, quality MIS, compliance and others).
- High degree of understanding of SAP, Business Intelligence, very sound in Microsoft Excel, others office tools understanding as well as their business implications
- Ample experience in leading and working across functions as a business partner while keeping the finance rigour and accountability
- Experience in coordinating with external (Big 4) & internal auditors of company, ensuring the proactive and progressive attainment of business objectives and providing support to get the corrective actions on the observations to business head.
- Exposed to best practices and commodity accounting procedures/ trade practices, help business head to achieve sales & profit targets / outcomes while maintaining requisite internal controls, credit risk controls, inventory management, M2M Accounting etc.
- Expert knowledgeable of IFRS along with its right application in finalizing Monthly, Quarterly & Annual Financial Statements.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Good communicator, inclusive but not limited to good oral and written English with strong multicultural awareness
- Excellent leadership skills capable of leading team from the front & work with business head to provide complete understanding of the numbers & profitability direction of the business.
- Demonstrated experience as a business partner in driving controls, compliance and performance while improving the business processes to ease business operations.
Deadline: Friday, 1st November, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org with Job Title as the subject of the mail.