Emerson is a global Technology and Engineering company providing innovative solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production, protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial and Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency, and create sustainable infrastructure.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Area Sales Manager
Requisition ID: (19009852)
Location: Lagos Nigeria
Job Function: Sales
- Are you looking for the next challenge and growth opportunity in your career?
- Introducing a wonderful opportunity for a self-motivated Area Sales Manager to join an Internationally recognized company, Emerson Automation Solutions (Fluid Control & Pneumatics Division). With our solutions and services, we serve our global customers in the process industry to meet their expectations and maintain our number 1 position in customer satisfaction. If you are ready to raise the bar to work with top customers in the industry and you have a ‘Customer Centric’ and ‘Drive for result’ mentality this might be the role for you.
- Our Fluid & Motion Control (FLMC) Business Unit want a seasoned, strategic and proactively collaborative Area Sales Manager to join the fold driving and increasing revenue streams throughout Nigeria and will be responsible to ensure the proper growth and positioning of Fluid Control & Pneumatic solutions. This is a unique opportunity to apply your experience working in Africa, as well as experience with our products to enjoy exponential growth both technically as well as from an overall career perspective.
- The extensive portfolio of solutions in our Fluid & Motion Control business enable a range of industries to deliver steadfast and long-lasting operations even in the most demanding applications and environments.
To succeed, you’ll need to demonstrate:
- An appropriate Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical/Mechatronics/Electrical/Instrumentation Engineering or equivalent.
- A minimum 10 years of Sales experience with a proven track record in African (and specifically the Nigerian) market(s) with end customers and contractors.
- Prior knowledge/working of pneumatic/hydraulic actuation control technologies highly preferred
- An excellent commercial experience with ability to understand customer(s) and Fluid and Motion Control business environment.
- A high degree of focus on solution selling by demand creation which needs to be achieved by developing relationships and collaborating with the customer to resolving key customer challenges.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and relationship builder.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; i.e. must be proficient in the English language.
- A knack for learning and an inherent appreciation for an environment with variety in scope and consistent need for problem-solving
- Significant experience in business negotiations.
- A natural resilience and perseverance to ensure business realisation.
Your sphere of influence may also include, but may not be limited to:
- Protect and grow existing business in compliance with Fluid Control & Pneumatics business plan and strategy in the region
- Build positive rapport with a customer centric approach that will generate future sales
- Identify business opportunities with new sites and applications – plan and align strategies to develop incremental business for Fluid Control & Pneumatics in Nigeria
- Develop new accounts through in-depth market intelligence and target competitive accounts in the assigned area for market share gain to drive incremental sales
- Assess customer requirements and pain-points and suggest appropriate technical solutions
- Actively engage in key account development and project pursuits within Emerson. Focus on developing End-user preferences and differentiation strategies during initial pursuit cycle
- Adhere to Company trade compliance policies and Ethics code of conduct
- Recognising and accepting HSE Roles & Responsibilities as defined in Emerson’s Company Procedures.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online