Vacancy for Vice-Chancellor at Adamawa State University
Adamawa State University, Mubi – The Governing Council of Adamawa State University, Mubi hereby announces that the position of the Vice- Chancellor of the University is vacant. In accordance with the provisions of Adamawa State University Law No. 10 of 2001, Council invites applications from suitably qualified candidates, with experience in University administration, for the position below:
Job Title: Vice-Chancellor
- The Vice-Chancellor shall be the Chief Executive and Academic Officer of the University and shall exercise general supervision over the University
- He/She shall be the Chairman of the Senate and Member of the Governing Council, and shall be responsible for the day-to-day management of human, financial and material resources of the University.
Qualities of the Applicant for the Post
Applicants should possess the following qualities:
- Must be a distinguished Professor of national and international repute with a proven track record of scholarship.
- Vast and relevant academic and administrative experience
- A good understanding of the Vision and Mission of the University
- Should demonstrate irrevocable commitment to the cardinal values of merit, consistency and fairness as operating principles and can apply these across board
- Should be innovative and an astute manager of resources
- Should be proficient in Information and Communication Technology (ICT) and be committed to the deployment of ICT for the University programmes and services
- Should be able to relate effectively with government, non-governmental organizations, the alumni, and the local community and foster linkages with institutions within and outside Nigeria.
- Should be capable of inspiring the advancement of teaching, learning, research and creative work consistent with international standards.
- Should be morally sound and of unquestionable integrity and probity
- Should be of sound state of health
- Should demonstrate the ability to foster the integration of all without discrimination on race, colour, ethnicity, gender, religion and other acts of intolerance
- Should possess the ability to generate and attract funds to the University.
- Eligible candidate should not be more than 60 years of age at the time of assumption of office.
- The appointment shall be for a single term of five (5) years only
Condition of Service
- Salary and allowances shall be as applicable to the post of Vice-Chancellors in Nigerian Universities.
Deadline: 9th December, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit twenty (20) copies of their Applications, in sealed envelopes, marked at the top left corner, “Application for the Post of Vice-Chancellor”, addressed and sent to:
The Registrar and Secretary to Council,
Adamawa State University,
P.M.B 25, Mubi,
Note: Applicants must submit names and addresses of three (3) referees who should be requested to forward their referee’s report to the Registrar under confidential cover.