Jhpiego, an Affiliate of Johns Hopkins University is a global leader in improving healthcare services for women and their families.
We hereby invite applications from highly resourceful, experienced and dynamic professionals for the position below:
Job Title: Senior Human Resources Manager
Category: Human Resources
Position Reports to: Country Director
Supervisee: Senior Human Resource Officer
- We are looking for Snr. HR Manager to provide leadership management of the overall provision of HR services, policies, and programs forthe Nigeria Country Office.
- This includes but is not’ limited to: Talent Acquisition and Development, Employee Engagement, HR Business systems management, HR Projects Design & Implementation as well as end to end human resource management and organizational development oversight.
- The position reports directly to the Country Director with functional reportingtothe Chief Administrative Officer inihpiego Baltimore.
- Partner with hiring managers and Country Director to evaluate needs and determine specific position responsibilities and requirements to ensure accurate candidate sourcing
- Draft job descriptions and advertise via appropriate channels in Nigeria
- Evaluate and benchmark new jobs to place them appropriately in the organization’s salary scale
- Prescreen candidates and administer appropriate tests and coordinate next level of interviews
- Counsel hiring managers on staffing and recruitment related matters, including legal considerations and coaching on interview
- Review result with Hiring managers and contact selected candidate for offer of
- Organize, lead and document post-interview debrief/feedback with interview teams and candidates.
- Ensure recruiting and hiring practices are in compliance with government regulations and organizational policies.
Compensation and Benefits Responsibilities:
- Provide guidance to Country Director on all local compensation related issues
- Review salary scales and bench mark to the market on a regular basis
- Manage the design, implementation and administration of innovative compensation programs and policies
- Conduct job evaluations on new and existing positions, including reviewing job descriptions and recommending appropriate grade assignments
- Support Country Director by answering compensation related questions
- Evaluate jobs for internal equity and external competitiveness against salary survey data
- Develop detailed knowledge of Jhpiego expatriate comp and benefits policies and practices administered by Baltimore, HQ.
- Administer all employee benefits and answer queries from staff regarding benefits
- Review Jhpiego, Nigeria benefits packages from time to time to ensure compliance with local laws and competitiveness with other international NGOs.
Training, Learning and Development:
- Coordinate on-boarding with other departments to support the learning process of new employees.
- Conduct follow-ups with new staff to ensure adaptation and identify problem areas.
- Work closely with Supervisors to address issues affecting new staff.
- Support the maintenance of a healthy work culture by driving proactive and staff friendly employee relations and engagement processes.
- Provide support as seeded during investigations and disciplinary meetings
- Alongside our legal counsel, HO Backstop and Country Director, manage all human resource-related legal issues in compliance with Nigeria labor law and jhpiego HQ HR systems.
General HR Responsibilities:
- Analyze the country’s HR needs and establish specific HR objectives for country office to ensure that HR policy/procedures and standards are met
- Ensure country level management team members are well versed on country-related HR policies and that policies are implemented consistently
- Ensure all in country staff are covered on related insurances as accepted by local laws
- Advice In country leadership on all HR related issues
- Review salary and benefits policies for local nationals to ensure that organization is able to attract and retain highly skilled staff
- Coordinate annual merit review process
- Review and update local employment policies as per local laws and best practices in the international NGO community
- Liaise with Global Human Resources and Chief Administrative Officer as needed.
- This position is open to Nigerian citizen only.
- Bachelors’ Degree in Business Administration, Human Resources or related field with 8+ years managing human resources functions for mid-sized organization preferably with an international organization. A Masters’ Degree is an added advantage.
- Minimum 4years’ seniorlevel experience in strategic HR.
- Professional Qualification / Certification required.
- In Depth Knowledge of Nigeria Employment Practices
- Highly motivated with ability to analyze information and problem solving.
- Highly organized with keen attention to detail and ability to deal with confidential informatlo in a discrete manner. Strong presentation and communication skills, oral and written. Proficiency in computer applications to include MS Office:
- Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of USAID and other donors Policies and Procedures.
Job Title: Senior Finance Officer
Locations: Abuja – FCT
Reports To: Senior Finance Manager
- The overarching RAAMP project is aimed at rehabilitating rural roads and river crossings throughout these three states
- The World Bank and Government of Nigeria recognize that the influx of construction workers into already-destabilized communities within these states exacerbates the risk of GBV, in both public and private places, by increasing trafficking, sex work and forced marriage, Hence, the goal of the GBV services assessment and mapping is to minimize and mitigate the potential risks of GBV that may arise during implementation of the RAAMP project.
- To this end, Jhpiego will profile the range of existing GBV services, as well as potential barriers to care, to improve availability and coordination of GBV services In the targeted states
- The technical assistance provided to RAAMP by Jhpiego also includes improving the referral system and developing a forum for sharing information.
- In order to effectively undertake the above tasks, Jhpiego seeks to hire qualified and experienced professional to carry out the under-listed short term consultancy services.
- The Senior Finance Officer (SFO) is responsible for providing financial support to Jhpiego Nigeria Offices (Abuja and Field offices)
- S/he will work under the direct supervision of the Senior Finance Manager and will supervise the Finance Officers as well as provide technical support and management over State Finance Officers and Assistants
- S/he will also ensure quality control over day to day financial operations posted into the agency’s financial management software (Quick8ooks Enterprise), with particular emphasis on handling accounts payable, receivables and other balance sheet reconciliations in compliance to Jhpiego and donor financial policies.
- Post vendor PVs into the accounting system on a daily basis
- Review accuracy of all vouchers posted into QBE by all finance team members
- Performs physical verification of assets and inventory records with administration department in line with donor requirements and Jhpiego’s accounting policies and procedures
- Performs reviews of financial documents such as invoices, vouchers, expense reports and other documents such as purchase orders to ensure the completeness, accuracy, reasonability and validity of financial data
- Prepare periodic allocation reports for review of Senior Finance Manager
- Maintains, monitors, and disburses funds from the project bank account(s) accordance with Jhpiego’s financial policies and procedures as outlined in the Jhpiego Finance and Accounting policies manual for country offices, QuickBooks Manual, Banking Policy, Procurement Policy and any other policies
- Lead prompt monthly bank reconciliation process and ensure it is closed latest by third business day after a reporting period
- Monitor compliance to document retention strategy of the agency by leading and ensuring that documents are adequately and filed on a timely basis, proper accounting records are maintained and compatible with standard accounting practice, JHU/Jhpiego and donor guidelines etcetera
- Assess capacity and develop capacity building plans for field based finance staffs
- Build capacity of based finance staffs on the agency’s operations as well as on policies and procedures
- Frequently travel to field offices to physically support effective financial management systems
- Perform ageing analysis of all accounts receivables and payables and ensure compliance with agency’s policies at all times
- Monitors and reconciles supplier statements on regular basis and ensures timely settlement of bills
- Codes, tracks, and processes vendor invoices, consultant invoices and travel advances for payments on a timely basis
- Assist the Senior Finance & Admin Manager in preparation of monthly financial report, accruals and projections, and any other financial reports
- Ensures prompt remittances of statutory deductions (PAYEE, Pension, NHF & WHT) to the appropriate government authorities.
- Prepare DA1 VAT exemption forms and maintain all records relating to VAT exemption applications to donors, refundable VAT from suppliers, etc on a regular basis.
- Provide guidance/feedback to the Senior Finance & Admin Manager to ensure the sound functioning of the Jhpiego Nigeria office
- Assume other duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications / Skills
- Degree in Accounting and Finance (an MBA with focus on Accounting and Finance is an advantage)
- Professional accounting certificate is an advantage
- Minimum of Six (6) years relevant experience in finance or accounting (past experience within a structured international NGO is an advantage)
- Knowledge of USAID regulations would bean added advantage.
- Previous experience with non-profit organization will be an added advantage
- Demonstrated budgeting and budget monitoring skills
- Expertise in Internal control systems
- Financial management and financial reporting skills
- Knowledge of Generally accepted Accounting principles, GAAP and accounting best practices.
- Audit and investigations skills
- Training personnel.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- An understanding of maintenance of ledger entries, books keeping skills and bank reconciliation
- Computers skills including use of spreadsheets and/or accounting packages
- Knowledge of internal controls
- Financial and computer skills – working knowledge of database applications, word processing and Excel, as well as experience with accounting software
- Excellent organizational skills, detail-oriented and high degree of accuracy.
Deadline: Tuesday, 3rd December, 2019; (Time: 4:00PM)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit an Application Letter and a CV as One Single Word document to: email@example.com The title/subject of your email and application should be the “Position you are applying for and Location”.
- Candidate that do not comply with the application instruction will be disqualified.
- The title/subject of your email and application should be the position you are applying for.
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview.
- Please note that any successful candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
- Nigerian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply