Current Vacancies at Hamik Engineering Limited, 14th November, 2019
Hamik Energy Limited was incorporated in 2010 to carry on business in the oil and gas industry in areas of oil well fishing services, well drilling and completions, coil tubing, solid control operations and equipment leasing. The company is also into oilfield and construction equipment leasing.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accounts Officer
Location: Eleme, Rivers
Job Type: Full-time
- Follow up with all Outstanding invoices with Clients.
- Excellent and Strong communication and interpersonal skills; comfortable communicating in a clear, articulate manner, whether in written or verbal form.
- Process all cheques/transfers from clients.
- Reconciles Accounts Receivables on a weekly basis.
- Sends AR Report to the Managing Director at the end of every week.
- Prepares all payments and issues cheques, transfers, or cash as required.
- Responsible for the statutory deductions of PAYE Tax, Pension, Withholding Tax and VAT, and remittance to the relevant local authorities on a monthly basis.
- Help ensure compliance with internal control policies and procedures and perform other routine and non-routine functions as assigned by management.
- Evaluate the company’s internal control environment and assess the design, effectiveness, and adequacy of key systems and processes based on walkthrough and transaction compliance testing.
- Minimum of a B.Sc/HND in Accounting/ Banking & Finance from a reputable Nigerian Polytechnic or University.
- An ICAN, ACA, ACCA or AAT certification will be an added advantage.
- 1-2 years of working experience in a similar role.
- The preferred candidate should be a Female between the ages of 25 to 40 who is married.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in Excel, Word and QuickBooks
- Great analytical skills
- Must have an eye for detail
Job Title: HSE Officer
Location: Eleme, Rivers
Job Type: Full-time
- The Safety Officer is responsible for monitoring and assessing hazardous and unsafe situations.
- Developing measures to assure personnel safety.
- Correct unsafe acts or conditions through the regular line of authority.
- The Safety Officer maintains awareness of active and developing situations.
- Ensures there are safety messages in each Incident Action Plan.
- Participate in planning meetings to identify any health and safety concerns inherent in the operations daily work-plan.
- Review the Incident Action Plan for safety implications.
- Investigate accidents that have occurred within incident areas.
- Ensure preparation and implementation of Site Safety and Health Plan (SSHP).
- Inspects the site to ensure it is a hazard-free environment.
- Conducts toolbox meetings.
- Reviews and approves all subcontractors’ safety plans.
- Verifies that injury logs and reports are completed and submitted to related top management.
- Verifies that all tools and equipment are adequate and safe for use.
- Promotes safe practices at the job site.
- Enforces safety guidelines.
- Trains and carries out drills and exercises on how to manage emergency situations.
- Conducts investigations of all accidents and near-misses.
- Reports to concerned authorities as requested or mandated by regulations.
- Conducts job hazard analysis.
- Establishes safety standards and policies as needed.
- Responds to employees’ safety concerns.
- Coordinates registration and removal of hazardous waste.
- Receives reports from and forward to top management notices issued by regulators.
- Arranges for mandated testing and/or evaluations of the workplace by external agencies/consultants.
- Support the development of OHS policies and programs.
- Advise and instruct on various safety-related topics (noise levels, use of machinery etc.).
- Conduct risk assessment and enforce preventative measures.
- Initiate, coordinate and organize OHS training of employees and executives.
- Inspect premises and the work of personnel to identify hygiene issues or non-conformity (e.g. not using protective equipment)
- BSc/BA in Safety Management or relevant field is preferred
- Certificate in occupational health and safety
- At least 2 years’ Experience at Mid Managerial level
- Experience in the Oil and Gas industry will be an added advantage
- Basic knowledge of legislation (e.g. OSHA/EPA) and procedures
- Knowledge of potentially hazardous materials or practices
- Experience in writing reports and policies for health and safety
- Familiarity with conducting data analysis and reporting statistics
- Proficient in MS Office; Working knowledge of safety management information systems is a plus
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Diligent with great attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present and explain health and safety topics
Deadline: 22nd November, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send in their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject “Accounts Officer”