Guinness Nigeria Plc Recruitment for HR Director
Guinness Nigeria Plc is a major market for Diageo: Guinness Nigeria operates in the unique and fast growing alcohol industry of over 15mhl beer potential. It is the only company that does Total Beverage Alcohol (TBA) in Nigeria. It’s an on trade dominated market but with a fast growing off trade channel.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: HR Director
Job Ref: JR1030495
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
Job Type: Full time
Are You Ready To Join Us On Our Journey To Create History In Nigeria And Beyond?
- The HR Director role is for an organisation of over 800+ employees and extended workforce of 2000+ covering all functions from Manufacturing, Sales and Marketing as well as major support functions.
- You will be a member of a fully integrated in market leadership team and global HR leadership community, reporting to the in-market Managing Director.
The Nigeria market is complex from an HR perspective. Challenges include:
- Accessing and retaining key talent in a highly competitive environment
- Complex and challenge economic environment
We are looking for an HR Director who can role model our organizational values, has the ability to work with and through others, and can amongst others, effectively lead organisational change initiatives. Do you have the following leadership and functional capabilities:
Key Leadership Capabilities:
- Winning through execution
- Inspire through purpose
- Shaping the future
- Invest in talent
Key Functional Capabilities:
- Strategic HR
- End-to-end Talent Strategy Development and Execution
- Organisation Development & Change Management
- Performance Management & Reward
- Talent Attraction, Recruitment, Development & Retention
- Industrial and employee relations
Purpose of Role
- The role is accountable, along with the rest of the Guinness Nigeria leadership Team, for delivery of the total business strategy in the market.
- In addition to leading the HR function in Nigeria, the incumbent leads across the end to end HR function including HR Shared Services and Global teams to ensure the value and effectiveness of the function. The HRD must be an outstanding performance partner for the business, agile, connected and accountable for delivery.
- The incumbent acts as a thought partner to the Managing Director & rest of the leadership team in driving commercial success of the business and delivering the long term growth agenda. The HR Director has a particular leadership accountability to ensure that the organisation, talent, culture and behaviours are in place to support business strategy.
Top 3-5 Accountabilities:
- Define the Organisation and People Strategy for the market to guarantee the market performance and growth. Orchestrate local & global resources to deploy the priority interventions to ensure the optimal talent, organization, culture and employee experience.
- Ensure the employee experience and engagement is maximized through key levers such as the engagement agenda, reward strategy.
- Ensure HR service delivery within the market including embedding HR operating model, Workday investment, core HR processes and measurement and compliance of the function.
- Industrial Relations: Ensure and Maintain a good relationship with the relevant Unions and regulators in the industry.
- Talent assurance: Significantly deepen and broaden the talent base with effective initiatives to attract, recruit, develop, deploy, reward and retain talented employees
- Organisation Effectiveness: Drive the cultural and behavioural shifts in the market to deliver our performance ambition. Deliver the OE roadmap to ensures commercial success, agility and efficiency in the organization
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Preferably a Post Graduate Degree in related field
- Ability to take commercial insights and translate into the Organisation & People agenda to influence the business
- Proven ability to persuade, influence and build credibility with all levels and all functions
- Consultancy skills, specifically diagnosis and contracting. Experience in planning and orchestrating available resources
- Excellent coaching and relationship building skills. Demonstrates a track record as a valued coach and peer in the business.
- A proven track record in people development
- Minimum 5-8 years experience in an HR leadership role
- Essential commercial insight and experience. Preferable if gained through cross-functional working.
- Demonstrates numerical, financial and analytical skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online