MTN Nigeria – The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Senior Consultant, Network Coordination
Employment Status: Permanent
- Evaluate new network deployment and constructiontechnologies, products and methodologies, enhancing and sustaining MTNN’scompetitive advantage as a low cost network rollout organization.
- Also manage the implementation and integrationof Core, Power and Special Implementation of MTNN Network deployment.
- Support the Shareholder return strategy bydeveloping and implementing the Division’s processes that are aligned toachieving all elements on the business score card. (I.e. Grow Market Share,Grow ICT & Data Revenue, Increase EBITDA margins, Assure Revenue, CAPEXReturns Management and Net Subscriber Additions).
- Participate in the review of Business Processes(headcount, process optimization etc), to drive efficiency gains to ensure atleast 5% reduction in Divisional budget year-on-year.
- Participate in Contract negotiations to reducecost and drive MTNN Value Creation Philosophy
- Serve MTNN’s customers and provide solutions toimprove the customer experience.
- Improve MTNN’s Net Promoters Score
- Manage the development and agreement of switchsite readiness, ensuring quality standards for all MTNN network element sites.
- Conduct regular review of the network elementdeployment to guarantee timely installation and commission.
- Carry out random checks to audit compliance withissued network implementation specifications.
- Manage, resolve and escalate issues affectingroll out of Core, Power and Special Implementation.
- Manage implementation of all new and existingswitch nodes i.e. Core, Packet andAccess (BSC/RNC) nodes
- Manage all infrastructure and software upgradesof core, packet and access nodes
- Manage the facilities implementation of all MTNNkey infrastructure
- Evaluate and certify new core networkimplementation practice, product and methodologies
- Manage upgrades of all power units across MTNswitching centers and sites
- Manage upgrades IBS, Outdoor DAS and otherspecial solutions on the Access radio network.
- To manage implementation of all powerimplementation projects: Generators, DC plants, UPS, batteries and IPP
- Strategic Partnerships with MTNN leadership teamto drive awareness on expected behaviors and impact on non-compliance on bottomline results and company image/reputation.
- Drive planned strategy for the successfuldelivery of MTN Group and MTNN BRIGHT initiatives focusing on Customercentricity, including Perfect 10 Project.
- Network and build solid relationships withinternal units and relevant third parties (e.g. strategic investors, technicaland finance partners, business consultants etc.) and develop a close workingrelationship with relevant information sources to provide an integrated service.
- Partner with MTNN’s Ecosystem Partners todeliver business value.
- Collaborate with other business units in thedevelopment of business models for use in MTNN and develop measurementstrategies to support ongoing strategy development and project optimization.
- Review business and operations requirements forCore, Power and Special Implementation and contribute to the development of thebudget for NID’s operations and services, as well as monitor budget in linewith business plan and departmental goals and targets.
- To manage implementation of IBS, Outdoor DAS andother special solutions on the Access radio network.
- Continuously seek self-professional developmentto sharpen skills and capabilities in a versatile and evolving digitallandscape.
- Review the performance of individual teammembers and complete appraisals in accordance with the employee performanceappraisal procedures and time schedules.
- Coach and train team to ensure understanding ofthe objectives and goals of the department, awareness of settargets/requirements and regularly review their training needs.
- Normal MTNN working conditions
- May be required to work extended hours
Experience & Training
- A first degree in /Electrical/Electronics/Engineering or any science related field
- An MBA or MSc degree will be an advantage
- Professional qualification
- 9-17 years’ work experience in telecommunication industry
- Project Management experience within the Telecoms environment is desirable
- BEng, BSc or HND.
Deadline: 3rd December, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online