SFLK Consulting – Our client, an independent Education Consulting company, equips secondary school students with the knowledge, skills and dispositions needed for excellence in and beyond the classroom through rigorous, customized and transformational programs that prepare them for tertiary level education. Through their academic preparation and advisory programs, they enable students and schools to be intentional about student outcomes.
They are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Academic Coach
- The Academic Coach is responsible for driving student learning. He / She collaborates with students and instructors to help students develop and achieve academic goals by cultivating good study habits, preparing them post-secondary exams, and evaluating student progress.
- The ideal candidate is a self-starting strategic thinker who demonstrates the spirit of creativity and resourcefulness that a high impact environment demands, and who focuses on both relationships and outcomes to accelerate results.
- He or she will possess or demonstrate the following: a growth mindset, self-motivation, positive energy, strong interpersonal skills, a service-oriented and team approach attitude to work, approachability, openness to new and divergent ideas, excellent oral and written communication skills, and comfort in an educational setting where children and adults are present.
- The Academic Coach must be able to work collaboratively with parents, students and academic officers. He or she must be able to empathize and persevere through tough and tense situations to deliver results
- The Academic Coach role is primarily to assist students with mapping their academic and extracurricular experience to their future goals.
- Understand the secondary school to university education pipeline in Nigeria and overseas, and assist students in developing a secondary school academic learning program consistent with their abilities and interests.
- Help students define and develop an up-to-date academic realistic educational career plans through schedule planning for each semester and summer school, if appropriate, through to graduation.
- Monitor progress toward educational/career goals and meet regularly to monitor progress toward completing the proposed academic program and to discuss grades and other performance indicators.
- Approve all designated educational transactions (eg. exams, change of subjects, waivers, graduation requirements, etc.)
- Counsels and guides students and parents towards successful university applications and placement in Nigeria and overseas.
- Ensures deadlines are met and work with teachers to write and upload strong letters of recommendation
- Assists student with standardized test registration and management
- Organizes and hosts college visits to campus and establishes strong relationships with college representatives and admissions officers
- Maintain an up-to-date Advising Portfolio, with a summary record of performance to date (grade reports, transcript, requirements completed, etc.), dates of meetings, notation of special circumstances, up-to-date information.
- Inform and, if necessary, refer students to other institutional resources when academic, attitudinal, attendance, or other personal problems require intervention by other professionals. (e.g. Academic Services, Personal Counseling, etc.)
- Build rapport with students
Education and Qualifications
- Candidates must hold at least a Bachelor’s degree in any related field
- Experience as a college counsel, college admissions officer or other related experience is a must.
- Significant experience counseling and supporting students through the college selection, application, admission, and financial aid process.
- Excellent communication skills, supportive attitude, and passion for guiding and advising college bound students
Required Knowledge, Skill and Abilities:
- A desire to help students succeed
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, supportive attitude, and passion for guiding and advising college bound students.
- Ability to collaborate and build rapport with students
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to motivate students as they transition from high school to college.
- Leveraging student data in the tracking system to manage work, capture activity and coordinate with other teams, making continuous updates to the status and stage of various opportunities
- Create, maintain, and provide status reports across work efforts
- Competitive and commensurate with experience and education.
- HMO provided.
Job Title: HR & Administrative Manager
- Our client is on a growth journey. To sustain this growth – with increased efficiency and productivity – and to continue on this trajectory, they are seeking a highly qualified HR & Administrative Manager to deliver top-notch operational support to the Executive Directors.
- Our client is looking for a flexible and resourceful person to take responsibility of personnel management of some key roles within the company, as well as take the lead on management of the office premises and utilities.
- This is a demanding and interesting role which would allow you to exercise your initiative, problem solving and multi-tasking skills to the full.
- Oversee daily job performance of the finance officer, administrator and front desk officer.
- Oversees the Finance Officer to ensure seamless collaboration with external accounting consultant and accurate records of all payment invoices.
- Handle maintaining staff records and policies and the provision of an HR support.
- Ensure all staff issues are addressed properly, efficiently, and keep track of progress until resolved.
- Monitor daily staff attendance sheet to ensure that it is accurately captured.
- Support the company’s HR Management: recruitment, talent development, compensation & benefits, etc.
- Develop relevant policies and procedures to drive work efficiency and operational excellence.
- Lead team-building and employee engagement activities in the company.
- Own implementation of the code of conduct contained in company’s staff handbook and regularly update as required.
- Perform administrative HR functions such as maintaining detailed staff records; prepare and present monthly/other periodic reports for units under your charge.
- Recommend and drive implementation of policies to support the well-being of staff and foster a positive working environment.
- Responsibility for the smooth running of our client’s office facility including managing relationships with sub-contractors, suppliers and ensuring best value for products/services.
- Create and manage annual budget for office management; purchases, annual renewal and maintenance of the office facility and utilities.
- General management of the office facility and utilities; ensure regular supply of power, water, computer lab, software, workstations, electronics; ensure timely supply and adequacy of office supplies e.g. stationery, ink, paper
- Responsible for procurement; gathering quotations, raising requisitions, following up on approvals and final invoices.
- Manage logistics issues and ensure efficient use of the office vehicle.
- Manage selection and services agreements for contractors and vendors.
- Take the lead on internal and external communications with employees, clients and suppliers.
- Own internal HR communications; sending internal staff memo, recognizing exceptional employee performance
- Manage relationship with existing clients through engaging communications; drafting and sending reports, sending out notes to recognize special dates in the business relationships.
Required Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Degree in Business Administration or related field
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience in HR and Office management
- Team management experience with proven record in increasing team efficiency
- Excellent communicator with great impeccable interpersonal skills
- Ability to work without supervision, are focused on results and can adapt to rapidly changing priorities.
Deadline: 30th November, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their current resume/CV and a Cover Letter detailing their interest in and experience for this role to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.