Afrigiant Logistics & Transport company is currently recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistics Coordinator
- A logistics coordinator is responsible for managing all aspects of shipping routes and delivery, specifically with regard to customer satisfaction.
- As a logistic coordinator, customer satisfaction is a priority as this is how business remains successful. Responding immediately to customer questions and complaints and notifying them of any delays in the delivery schedule is essential to this position.
- The ideal candidate will be responsible for managing and engaging with the organization’s community (customers, transporters, drivers) in a way which builds brand awareness.
- They will work cross functionally with internal partners to understand business objectives in order to communicate effectively with all parties.
- The required role is within a growing last mile delivery service provider in Lagos state.
- Manage, train, plan, direct and control of all operations resources to ensure timely and efficient management of pickups and deliveries of shipments and internal hub operations.
Key Skills and Qualifications
- Strong knowledge of courier operations process
- Strong knowledge of Lagos routes
- Must have a relevant BSc degree and experience within an office environment, shipping and stock management.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Must be organised and logical, willing to adapt quickly to changing policies and procedures.
- Ability to work with little supervision and track multiple processes
- Comfortable with direct people management
- Must be able to work as part of a team in a fast paced and pressured environment, communicating effectively with both colleagues and clients and following verbal and written instructions.
- Must be able to efficiently solve problems relating to sales, finance and transportation of goods
- Good management and organizational skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Logistics experience is a plus, but not a requirement
- Bachelor’s degree at a minimum
- Experience in project management and successfully managing teams
- Previous experience in marketing and customer service is a plus
- Applicants within Yaba, Akoka, Bariga, Shomolu are expected to apply
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for overall operational management and performance of Hub and delivery operations.
- Assign delivery to couriers according to schedules and route plans.
- Ensure that the process and employees are working smoothly and efficiently.
- Achieve KPI & SLA of delivery & pickup commitment.
- Supervise staff to ensure that safety best practices are being followed while handling shipments.
- Train and develop industry best practices and SOPs to operations and customer service team members.
- Evaluate all aspects of employee performance and provide coaching or discipline as needed.
- Provide operations staff with guidance and support to cope with volume growth.
- Reassign responsibilities based on change in volumes or geography.
- Maintain logs and records of executed orders
- Recruit and coordinate logistics staff according to availability and requirements
- Prepare accurate reports for upper management
- Booking in deliveries and liaising with customers.
- Ensuring all partners in the supply chain are working effectively and efficiently to ensure smooth operations.
- Communicating effectively with clients and responding to their requirements.
- Booking sub-contractors and ensuring they deliver within agreed terms.
Deadline: 30th November, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the “Job title” as subject of the email.