Job for Marketing Associate at She Leads Africa
She Leads Africa is a digital media company for the modern, millennial African woman. With features in the Financial Times, BBC, CNN, Forbes and CNBC Africa, we’re creating the best digital content and offline events to help young African women build amazing careers and businesses, serve as community leaders and influencers, and eventually take over the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Marketing Associate
Job Type: Full time
- The Marketing Associate will manage the marketing functions for She Leads Africa events and training programs.
- The ideal candidates will have an interest in building, growing and scaling communities
- You don’t have to have official work experience doing this kind of work, but we want someone who is passionate about digital content and can learn quickly.
- If this role is for you, you’ll be excited to work in a fast paced environment and committed to working until the job is done.
Specific Requirements include:
- Intellectual curiosity and an interest in learning new skills
- Excellent English writing skills and the ability to adapt and change your style of writing
- Experience in building and growing communities across markets using a variety of content, marketing and partnership strategies
- Knowledge of digital marketing strategies
- Social media savvy and being up to date on current trends
- Able to deliver on metrics-driven results and an understanding of analytics
- Graphic design and video editing skills are a major plus.
- Serve as the lead content creator for promotion and publicity of events and training programs
- Establish and deliver leads and sales goals on a weekly and monthly basis
- Manage marketing and public relations strategies including media partnerships, influencers, and advertising for events
- Maintain a marketing calendar with a structured plan of marketing campaigns for each quarter
- Create “always on” campaigns to consistently market and build the SLA brand in target cities in advance of upcoming events
- Liaise with the content team to schedule marketing content
- Utilize data and analytics to drive decision making and advise content decisions
- Develop a deep understanding of our audience and how best to communicate with them
- Full time position
Hours of work:
- 50 hours per week, usual working hours are from 9:00am – 6:00pm WAT.
- There will be a requirement from time to time to start work earlier or finish later as the role dictates.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online