Job for Program Officer – Health Policy Plus (HP+) at Palladium Group
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved – and is committed to continuing to improve – economies, societies and most importantly, people’s lives.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Officer – Health Policy Plus (HP+)
- Health Policy Plus (HP+) is a USAID-funded five-year $185 million project awarded to Palladium on August 28, 2015. HP+ has a mandate across global, country, and subnational levels to strengthen and advance health policy priorities in family planning and reproductive health (FP/RH), HIV, and maternal health. It aims to improve the enabling environment for equitable and sustainable health services, supplies, and delivery systems through policy development and implementation, with an emphasis on voluntary, rights-based health programs, and by strengthening in-country partners’ capacity to navigate complex environments for effective policy design, implementation, and financing aligned to their priorities. Central elements of HP+ revolve around building in-country capacity, institutionalizing achievements of past investments, and promoting country ownership of programs and initiatives.
- HP+ is scaling up its health financing interventions by supporting Federal Ministry of Health (FMoH) and its agencies to roll out the Basic Health Care Provision Fund (BHCPF), down to the state level, while also supporting select states to strengthen its health financing systems in readiness to access the BHCPF in subsequent phases of its implementation.
Purpose of Role
- The Program Officer will provide combination of health financing technical support and crosscutting coordination support for the implementation and monitoring of HP+ Nigeria knowledge management strategy and plan and Activity Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Plan (AMELP), along with other program coordination support across the HP+ Nigeria portfolio. Relevant to knowledge management, the Program Officer will support the collation, organization, and sharing of success stories and project updates, monthly results, and other reporting requirements,
- S/he will report to the Senior Advisor-Monitoring and Evaluation with dotted line reporting to the Senior Advisor-Policy and Advocacy. The position will be based in Abuja, Nigeria.
- Provide technical assistance on project activities and efforts, across the intervention areas as needed.
- Maintain a central repository for all project deliverables, helpful resources, documents, key policies and guidelines
- Support the Snr. M&E Advisor to collate weekly, monthly and other periodic project updates
- Work with operations and the applicable technical leads to ensure successful implementation of activities, including workshops, learning events, etc.
- Work with the Snr M&E Advisor and the technical team to track the implementation of the project learning agenda as well as documentation and dissemination of the lessons learned
- Coordinate with state technical teams to develop and package community voices on specific advocacy issues and amplify them using strategic communication approaches.
- Organize and attends meetings and events with key stakeholders and project partners.
- Assist with organization and coordination of state activity plans, monthly updates, and organizing programming meetings
- Collate results’ reports submitted from project states and review the accompanying evidences for adequacy in line with the project AMELP
- Liaise with the State M&E/ICT Specialists to regularly collate news and success stories for further review by Abuja technical leads and management team; coordinate with HQ communications and management team for success story sharing
- Assists in the preparation of reports, presentations, and other communication products.
- Perform other duties, as necessary.
- A term of 9 months initially (through August 2020), with the possibility of an extension, based on additional program funding.
Requirements, Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Public Health or any of the Social Sciences or arts
- 2 years of experience in public health project implementation, experience in BHCPF and health financing program implementation will be an added advantage
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail required
- Experience supporting projects in knowledge management a plus; understanding and previous experience supporting project monitoring and evaluation efforts desired
- Fluency in English language is required
- Demonstrated strength and experience in writing technical reports, and success stories.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft office packages and information communication technology
- Proficiency in the use of work tools necessary to conduct quantitative and qualitative analyses
Deadline: 19th November, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online