Egbin Power Plc., a subsidiary of the Sahara Power Group housed along the Lagos Lagoon, is one of the biggest additions to the electricity industry in Nigeria. Presently, the largest privately owned generating power station in Sub-Saharan Africa with an Installed Capacity of 1320 MW. Egbin Power Plant was built to meet the ever rising demand for electricity in Lagos and its environs with plans to expand its generation capacity to exceed 5,000MW within the next five years.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Manager
Location: Ijede, Lagos
Job Type: Full Time
- To manage the delivery of business projects. It will involve the coordination of people, processes and other resources to ensure that projects are delivered to quality, on time and within the approved budget
- It will entail engagement with stakeholders technical and non-technical, internal and external.
Education and Work Experience:
- University Degree, preferably in an Engineering field
- Minimum of 8 years work experience in technical project-related environment.
- Track record of delivering projects within a technically complex and dynamic environment, specifically that required to support multiple business projects.
- Experience of successfully engaging management and groups of technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Working knowledge of Programme Management methodologies e.g. Managing Successful Programmes (MSP), Prince2 and agile project management tools and methodologies.
- Project Management Professional Certification (PMP/ PRINCE II certification) is a MUST.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- To manage the delivery of new and existing projects from request through to operational; this will include ensuring that the project is correctly specified, delivered on time, meets business & technical requirements and is within the agreed budget.
- Plan course of projects, including milestones, resources needed in the form of man hours, budget, use of technology and tools and document in project plan, following established project management methodology.
- Use appropriate verification techniques to track course of project from meetings, conferring with project teams, and receiving reports. Update project plan as needed. Document changes to scope or functionalities, schedule and costs.
- Assess compliance of the process with accepted methodology to industry standards and communicate to responsible managers or staff. Document exceptions or deviations as needed.
- To understand high-level technical drawings and be able to facilitate debate and drive decisions on appropriate solutions.
- Convene meetings and plan agenda to ensure important issues are aired and resolved.
- Developing project scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility.
- Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques.
- Report and escalate to management as needed.
- Manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders.
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks.
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors.
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes
- Familiar with both engineering and non-engineering concepts, practices and procedures.
- Solid technical background, with understanding or hands-on experience in civil and mechanical engineering projects.
- Background in business skills, management, budgeting and analysis.
- Project management abilities with demonstrated full life cycle project engineering experience.
- Ability to cope in a technically complex and fast-changing environment, and to respond calmly and rationally to changing aspirations in a deadline-driven situation.
- Strong planning and organizing skills including the ability to manage several work streams simultaneously.
- Determination and focus to drive projects through to implementation.
- Excellent communication skills with a capacity to present, discuss and explain issues coherently and logically both in writing and verbally.
- Good influencing and persuasion skills with the ability to enthuse and inspire multidisciplinary teams and build successful relationships at all levels.
- Good team player, self-motivated and able to work on own initiative.
- Computer literate, able to quickly and efficiently use a wide range of common Office software including Word, Excel, Project and Power Point).
- Clear decision-making ability with the facility to judge complex situations and assess when to escalate issues.
- Ability to balance conflicting and changing demands through prioritization and a pragmatic approach.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online