American Bureau of Shipping (ABS) – Since its founding in 1862, ABS has been committed to setting standards for safety and excellence as one of the world’s leading ship classification organizations. We search for and establish the best solutions for the industries we serve, and are at the forefront of marine and offshore innovation.
In a constantly evolving industry, ABS works alongside its partners tackling the most pressing technical, operational and regulatory challenges so the marine and offshore industries can operate safely, securely and responsibly.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Surveyor
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Employee Status: Professional
- Due to an increase in work orders ABS Europe are recruiting for a Senior Marine Surveyor to be based in our Port Harcourt office.
- Your primary function will be to examine and report on marine structures after construction relative to compliance with the applicable requirements for maintaining the unit in Classification with ABS.
- You will survey vessels to ensure they meet associated statutory and special service requirements related to Safety of Life at Sea (SOLAS), Loadline, Tonnage, Cargo Gear and Pollution Prevention Certification (MARPOL), etc.
- You will work with a diverse team, and this work will be both on and offshore
- National and sometimes international travel will be required.
- The ideal candidate will have sea going experience, as well as experience working for a classification society as a Senior Surveyor, however this is not essential. Previous supervisory experience would be an added plus
To be considered for this role you must possess the following:
- Currently a Senior Surveyor working for a Classification society
- Offshore surveying experience is desirable
- ISM/ISPS Auditor qualification is desirable
- Ships in Service surveying experience
- Relevant Degree in Marine Engineering, Naval Architecture or similar
- Experience working at sea as an Engineer highly desirable
The Company is firmly committed to providing equal opportunity in all aspects of employment and personnel practices, including recruitment, advancement, salary and benefits, termination and retirement processes.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online