Job in a Reputable Oil and Gas Exploration Firm for Seismic Processing Geophysicist
Rotec Engineering Group – Our client, a reputable Oil and Gas Exploration firm is looking for suitably qualified candidates to fill position below:
Job Title: Seismic Processing Geophysicist
- Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Geophysics, Geology, Electrical Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Computer Engineering, Biomedical Signal Processing or Physics
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in seismic data processing within the Oil and Gas industry
- Demonstrated record of hands-on experience in seismic processing (2-D/3-D) in support of upstream oil & gas operations
- Knowledge of seismic acquisition techniques, seismic wave propagation, digital signal processing, numerical modeling and inversion, finite difference methods, and optimization
- Education: Higher National Diploma, BSc/BA or Master’s Degree
- Experience: Not less than 5 years of practical experience in seismic processing and AVO/Inversion modeling functions with verifiable projects
- Strong computational and algorithmic knowledge is preferred, and experience implementing processing approaches in high-performance computing environments is also preferred
- Experience with the Omega processing system and/or the Reveal processing system.
- Experience in seismic processing (2-D/3-D) for upstream oil & gas operations
- Wide-ranging knowledge of current seismic processing vendor capabilities.
- Knowledge of seismic acquisition methodologies, seismic wave propagation, digital signal processing, numerical modeling and inversion, finite difference methods, and optimization
- Experience with a commercial PSDM, PSTM processing software
- Experience in AVO and Inversion modelling techniques
- Ability to work with minimal supervision. Able to work on client sites and projects as required
- Contribute to all stages of seismic processing including data conditioning, noise suppression, data enhancement, velocity analysis, and imaging
- Conduct analysis, recognize issues, support the formulation of new and innovative workflows and methods to resolve problems, and ensure the delivery of quality results
- Execute projects to completion, including procuring and managing third party vendors to collectively define project objectives and design projects to meet business requirements
- Work with computational scientists, engineers, and geoscientists to test, deliver and support various geophysics computational tools, models, algorithms, and software
Deadline: 30th November, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Job title” as subject of the email.