Medecins Sans Frontieres is a private, international organisation. The organisation is made up mainly of doctors and health sector workers and is also open to all other professions which might help in achieving its aims. Médecins Sans Frontières provides assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict. They do so irrespective of race, religion, creed or political convictions.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Pharmacy Technician
Location: Gusau with frequent visits to Zurmi and Shinkafi
Report to: Project Medical referent
Duration of Assignment: 3 months
Report to (Functional): Project Medical referent
- Supporting the drug supply management in the designated facilities under the supervision of the Project Medical referent of the project and according to MSF health policies and protocols, in order to contribute in the guarantee of the proper management and distribution of drugs and medical devices.
- In cooperation with the Pharmacy Manager, assisting in the supervision, management and control of the medical stock in the project in order to avoid ruptures, losses and gross overstock of drugs and other supplies and overseeing and monitoring its storage conditions
- Assisting with the collection of consumption from facilities on at least a monthly basis and collecting data about number of patients. Cooperating with and assisting the Pharmacy Manager in all related monthly reports, and under the Pharmacy Manager’s supervision, communicating and providing medical data to relevant MSF team members
- Improving and following up the monitoring systems in place.
- Supporting the MoH counterparts in their responsibilities regarding monitoring of drug consumption, stock management and preparing/receiving orders.
- Perform cleaning and minor maintenance for biomedical equipment used. Following the user manual and protocols and alert supervisor in case of malfunctioning.
- In cooperation with the Pharmacy Manager, assisting on a monthly basis with preparation and approval of order requests, ensuring they are completed in timely manner to prevent unnecessary orders in between. Following up on drug ruptures.
- In cooperation with the Pharmacy Supervisor and other MSF team members, assisting in the supervision, management, follow up and control of medical/supply stock in the MSF office, expat houses, and MSF cars. This includes physical count, ordering and monitoring of expired dates.
- Assisting in preparing and organizing training sessions for MSF staff.
- Providing programs continuity during supervisor’s absence and handovers; sharing knowledge of program with incoming staff in a timely, accurate and efficient manner.
- Education: Qualified Pharmacist Technician.
- Experience: Experience collaborating with local pharmacy systems (MoH and private) is an asset. Demonstrable experience in supervising and training others in a team setting.
- Languages: English and Hausa MANDATORY and other minority language is essential: Fulani (please don’t apply if you don’t accomplish that).
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet).
- Results and Quality Orientation
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- Behavioural Flexibility
- Commitment to MSF Principles
- Stress Management
NGN 231,894 (monthly) as per the MSF scale (Consultancy contract)
Job Title: Medical Consultant
Locations: Zurmi and Shinkafi-Zamfara
Report to: Project Medical Referent
Report to (functional): Project Medical Referent
Place of Assignment: Zurmi and Shinkafi.
No of Places 2
Duration of assignment 3 months
- To monitor and report the activities supported by MSF in Zurmi and Shinkafi Hospital and pre-identified 5 PHC within Zurmi and Shinkafi LGAs.
- Monitoring the implementation of MSF activities in collaboration with MOH staffs. Coordinating, assessing and supervising the proper functioning of the medical activities (Nutritionals Stabilization Centre, Emergency pediatrics Unit.), according to MSF protocols, standards and procedures. Ensuring the correct compilation and analysis of medical data regarding patients’ health conditions
- Checking all administrative procedures related to patients’ exit, follow-up and referrals (individual card filling, registers, paper exit, discharge, transfers …) are carried out correctly and according to MSF procedures and in collaboration with MoH counterpart
- In coordination with the project medical Referent ,Ensuring an efficient pharmacy management and monitoring the rational use of medical orders, storage conditions, inventories of stock, follow-up of expired drugs consumption and supply, etc.) Follow up all the admissions and discharges of the patients according to the MSF criteria.
- Specialty Medical Doctor Diploma essential.
- Essential 2 years of Similar experience. Having worked with MSF or other NGO…is desirable
- Mission working language is English, speaking local language(s) Hausa and Kanuri is essential
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet).
- Stress Management.
- N459,507 monthly as per the MSF scale (Consultancy contract).
Deadline: 3rd December, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV, motivation letter and copies of credentials by email to: email@example.com (in the subject please to put the position and the reference for while you are applying).
In person to MSF SPAIN Office at:
No. 46 New Albarka Road,
Tudun Wada Prea,
Gusau, Zamfara State.
- Applications should be accompanied by copy of the NYSC certificate.
- MSF Encourages Women and People with Disability Status to Apply.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- MSF is a civil society initiative that brings together individuals committed to the assistance of other human beings in crisis. As such MSF is by choice an association. Each individual colloborating with MSF either directly or indirectly does it out of conviction and is ready to uphold the values and principles of MSF.