Solidarités International (SI) is a French humanitarian organisation operating for over 35 years who is committed to providing aid in the event of conflict and natural disasters. Our mission is to provide aid as quickly and as efficiently as possible to endangered populations by meeting their vital needs: water, food and shelter. SI has started activities in North-eastern Nigeria in August 2016 in the fields of Wash and is now intervening in 4 areas of the state for Wash and Shelter activities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Admin Assistant
Location: Dikwa, Borno
Beginning of contract: ASAP
Contract duration: 6 months (with possibility of extension)
Probation period: 2 months
- At his/her assigned base level, the administrative assistant supports the administrator in the processing of accounting operations as well as all tasks relating to Human Resources
Administrative management of personnel:
- Welcome and participate in administrative briefing of new personnel
- Assist the administrator for the administrative management of recruitment and hiring
- Participate in the organization of training
- Ensure archiving and monitoring of individual dossiers and deliver all documents relative to the professional life of Solidarités International employees
- Ensure the confidentiality of all HR datas
- Participate in the monitoring of work contracts on the base
- Collect payment details and integrate them into the Human resources management software (Homère)
- Issue pay slips and supervise payment of salaries after approval by the administrator
- Calculate taxes and duties and create pay records for the relevant organizations
- Keep an organization chart up to date for the base
- Assist the administrative in the organization and conduct of meetings with personnel representatives
- Participate in the application of policies relating to salaries and benefits for Solidarités International
- Monitor changes in the cost of living.
- Train and support team members under his or her supervision
- Ensure the minimal replacement of members of the admin services in case of absence (days of, sickness etc.)
Treasury / Accounting / Management:
- Supervise the physical maintenance and safety of cash boxes
- Keep the registry of cash pay-outs and the cashier’s register
- Record budgetary transfers and keep accounting codes
- Verify, before recording, that records conform to regulations and procedures of Solidarités International
- Translate accounting documents if necessary
- Exchange currencies at request of superiors
- Verify cash balances daily and report any discrepancies to superior
- Prepare monthly closing, revision and integrity of accounts for the base
- Issue vouchers, supervise archiving of records
- Participate in audits or any checks issued by partners or head office, at the base level
- Participate in the consolidation of budget follow ups and cash forecasts at the base level
- Monitor due dates for payments of contracts managed by the administrative coordinator
- List liquidity needs in concert with the admin coordinator
- Carry out pay-outs and advances, within established guidelines
- Archive accounting records according to Solidarités procedures after a final verification of receipts etc.
- Guarantee security of the cash and confidentiality of information
Reporting / Communication:
- Participate in supervision of regulations in effect
- Aid admin coordinator in relations with administrative authorities
- Dynamic, organized, methodical, team player, with sound communication skills
- Languages: fluent in English and Hausa (additional languages a plus)
- Personal qualities: reliable, honest, very good organization, resistance to stress, capacity to delegate and to manage, initiative and autonomy, capacity of prioritisation of tasks, work under tight deadlines
Technical Competences :
- Professional experience: at least 1 year of experience in similar position in administration, human resources and finance especially with INGOs
- Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Management, Administration, HR, Social Science or any related fields
- IT skills : Microsoft software practice, sound Excel skills.
Salary and Conditions
- In accordance with SI’s Terms of Employment; for national staff in Nigeria.
Deadline: 5pm; 17th November, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- When the above link opens, select “Admin Assistant – Dikwa”, fill the form and attach your CV.
- The CV attached must be named with your name and surname.
- As position is required as soon as possible, Solidarites International reserves the right to select a candidate and finalize the recruitment before the final date.