Apata and Ascott Limited – Our client in the Entertainment industry is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Cinema Marketing Officer
Location: (Sango-Ota or its environs) Ogun
- The marketing officer will be accountable for delivering the commercial performance in their respective locations, including revenue and subscriber volume targets.
- This include but not limited to creating specific propositions and offers for targeted customer segments, leading subscriber growth and retentions initiatives, guiding insight and analytics (both historical and future-facing) to optimize commercial performance, planning customer marketing campaigns, and tracking performance across all these activities.
- Support the company’s operations to develop and implement its commercial marketing plan for key growth and retentions volume levers
- Optimise upsell performance across for box office and concession revenue
- Drive effective retentions activity for existing customers through value reinforcement marketing and ensure cinema admission target are met
- Work closely with schools, corporates and universities and ensure that group booking admissions is met each week
- Work alongside Business Development Manager to get a clear plan and expected targets and feedback on actual performance
- Liaise with the Cinema Managers (CM) and get weekly film information to create synergy with all clients
- Manage and track group bookings and ensure information is accurate transmitted to all parties of senior management team on weekly basis
- Always aim to surpass target on weekly basis
- Identify and develop corrective actions in response to trading performance and see ways to improve group booking revenue streams
- Identify new opportunities and execute test & learn activities to ensure schools, universities and corporates are engaged and patronising our cinemas weekly
- Liaise with Business Development Manager to ensure accurate and timely payment of invoices/cash, as necessary for the business with the supplier.
- Ensuring the cinema meets set admissions targets each month/year etc.
- Support all movie premier activities to drive revenue and ultimately business growth.
- Carrying out market research to seek new opportunities and new clients
- Interpreting market trends and adapting to industry changes while analysing opportunities for growth via acquisition and performing due diligence.
- Maintain a strong and increase database of customers’ contacts including but not limited to regular customers, Schools, Corporates, Tertiary Institutions etc.
- Performs any other duties as assigned by Line Manager
- Minimum of University degree in relevant field.
- Minimum of One (1+) years’ relevant marketing and social media work experience within the retail and entertainment industry
- Able to negotiate with schools, universities and corporates
- Able to analyse data and report clearly. Marketing acumen a must able to document market ideas, proposals and policy, and produce weekly reports.
- Strong thinking skills, able to identify principles & take logical implementation steps based on these
- Great negotiation and presentation skills. Able to convince clients to patronise our cinemas on weekly basis.
- Must be presentable, able to articulate proposals to all clients and be to communicate in well-articulated manner.
- Strong continuous improvement skills, naturally identifying opportunities to improve, creative ideas generation.
- Outstanding analytical and presentation skills
- Strong marketing acumen
- Highly presentable and articulated approach to deal with a large variety of groups
- Attention to detail and ability to bring groups clients to cinema to enjoy our services
- Able to deliver results and driving group projects to boost other income revenue
- Strong team mentality and ability to build and maintain open and honest communication
- Capability to generate original ideas, even in the midst of ambiguity
- Responsibility and ownership of activities combined with a self-starter approach
- Commitment to self-development
- Good understanding of the industry and key issues affecting our business.
Job Title: Film Distribution Manager
- The Film Distribution Manager will be responsible for the planning, directing and coordinating of the distribution of film materials. He will also be responsible for promoting and ensuring wide publicity of the Cinemas movies.
- Ability to negotiate and create network with other film Distributors, Clients and all cinemas across West Africa
- Protect film materials and ensure great administration to secure and record movie materials sent and received from 3rd parties (producers and exhibitors)
- Ability to provide strategy plans required to ensure titles are successful
- Analyse all cinemas schedules and ensure revenue sharing ratio percentage (%) for each title agreed by film bookers from both parties is suitable to generate revenue for the titles released.
- Possess analytical skills to evaluate data from various members of cinema chains.
- In charge of negotiation with sponsors partners to promote titles and leverage cost of FD OPEX.
- Possess good communication skill to negotiate with film Nollywood producers and create great relationships to build trust and confidence to release films.
- Maintains awareness of market trends in the Cinema and entertainment industry, understanding forthcoming customer initiatives and monitoring what competitors are doing.
- Analyse trends of film from Competitive Position Release Schedule and be able to position films to suit the consumers and ensure the title generate maximum revenue for western Africa cinemas.
- Liaise with Film Distributors for film releases to ensure they reach bigger audiences.
- Understand the Nigeria film market trends and use tools such as ComScore data to analyse and position movie titles for best financial results for both Distribution and cinemas.
- Ensure proper promotion and publicity of movies to generate sales
- Accurately set contracts and ensure sharing ratio are favourable to maximize revenue for both cinemas, distribution and film producers.
- Liaise with Marketing & PR Agencies for film’s promotion and publicity across different regions.
- Ensure that the company’s titles are position in high traffic window period
- Possess great passion for movies, understand movies historical revenue and admissions figures and analyse current titles in comparison with historical movie data for both Hollywood and Nollywood
- Ability to determine the suitability of a movie for cinemas or local TV release.
- Accurately project revenue for each title release and number of window weeks to be showcase at different territories.
- Understand Nigeria and West Africa demographics and trends of its customers and position titles accordingly for success of FD and cinemas.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field, Master’s Degree preferred.
- Five (5) or more years of experience working as a Film and Distribution Manager, ideally within a similar cinema/entertainment industry
- Ability to gauge and make legal contractual decisions of all titles received from either studios or local producers and determine terms to suit both parties
- Possess presentation skills and ability to justify financial and operation performance of all titles released to top Management
- Ability to coordinate Marketing and hosting release title of the FD
- In charge of getting sponsors for hosting movies for publicity and the success of the title
- Possess knowledge of both marketing and commercial platforms movies.
- Pays attention to detail with expert knowledge
- Able to carry put wide research of the movie industry
- Possess strategic and leadership abilities to ensure successful sales of movies
- Possess vast knowledge of the industry and movie market
- Able to negotiate with all key stakeholders
- Able to delegate to ensure the 212 screens in Nigeria and West Africa are fully utilized
- Able to use Microsoft applications for the purpose of the business
- Analytical and Numerical skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Problem Solving, and Decision-Making Skills
Deadline: 16th November, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.