Senior Mechanical Engineer Job in an International Specialist Energy Servicing Company
An International Specialist Energy Servicing company that provides integrated services in the oil and gas industry is recruiting for the position below:
Job Title: Senior Mechanical Engineer
Reports to: Lead Mechanical Engineer
- To plan, design and supervise the development, installation, operation and maintenance of machinery and to conduct research to solve practical engineering problems and improve efficiency.
- Read and interpret blueprints, technical drawings, schematics, and computer-generated reports.
- Confer with engineers and other personnel to implement operating procedures, resolve system malfunctions, and provide technical information.
- Research and analyze customer design proposals, specifications, manuals, and other data to evaluate the feasibility, cost, and maintenance requirements of designs or applications.
- Specify system components or direct modification of products to ensure conformance with engineering design and performance specifications.
- Research, design, evaluate, install, operate, and maintain mechanical products, equipment, systems and processes to meet requirements, applying knowledge of engineering principles
- Investigate equipment failures and difficulties to diagnose faulty operation, and to make recommendations to maintenance crew.
- Assist drafters in developing the mechanical design of products, using drafting tools or computer-assisted design/drafting equipment and software.
- Provide feedback to design engineers on customer problems and needs.
- Assist the lead to Review, validate and approve the FEED documents. This information shall be the basis for the detailed design
- Estimates project man-hour budgets, reviews budgets with project management and maintains schedule throughout the life cycle of the project
- Evaluate and process technical clarifications, NCR’s(deviation requests) from Contractor or mechanical equipment suppliers related to mechanical discipline requirements
- Supervises the creation of project mechanical material specifications, mechanical design standards, technical design instructions, Mechanical modeling, design and drafting activities, codes and standards and discipline work practices/procedures
- Ensures interaction with other disciplines for all interfaces and effectively co-ordinates mechanical engineering activities with the project and client.
- Attends and contributes to design/construction reviews and resolve technical issues.
- Oversee installation, operation, maintenance, and repair to ensure that machines and equipment are installed and functioning according to specifications.
- Conduct research that tests and analyzes the feasibility, design, operation and performance of equipment, components and systems.
- Recommend design modifications to eliminate machine or system malfunctions.
- Develop and test models of alternate designs and processing methods to assess feasibility, operating condition effects, possible new applications and necessity of modification.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field
- 8 – 12 years relevant work experience
- Professional /chartered Engineer (or equivalent)
- Experience in Static Equipment and Piping.
- Responsible for the Mechanical Engineering functions in the Engineering Department.
- Interface with the Process Department for calculating and sizing of mechanical equipment in the flow sheet and P&ID’s.
- Uphold and maintain international engineering standards, codes and practices.
- Under the direction of the GM: Engineering, prepares, review and coordinate mechanical calculations and drawings for plant layouts and designs.
- Ensure design engineering standards are maintained and adhered to on all projects. Provide technical design guidance to Project staff on all aspects of design.
- Proficiency with a 3-D CAD package, such as Solid-works, B-Jac, PV Elite, PDMS/ PDS, AUTOCAD and MS Office (To be proficiency, the organization will have to train & develop her staff / engineer for these skills)
- Expertise with a mechanical design file management system, such as Enterprise Product Data Management (To be expertise in this capacity, the organization will have to train & develop her staff / engineer for these skills)
- Demonstrate experience analyzing complex mechanical solutions with finite element analysis (FEA) (To be experienced, the organization will have to train & develop her staff / engineer for these skills)
- Possesses sound engineering judgment and superior organization skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with producing drawings and checking the drawings of others
- Experience with MS Office and MS Project (Good MS Office is a basic experience / skill that any engineer should possess, but if MS Project skill / knowledge is required, therefore organization will have to train / develop engineer skills)
Deadline: 22nd November, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.