Akin-kunbi Nigeria limited is an indigenous building and civil engineering construction firm established to manage the production of building processes of any type within cost and time limit without compromising the ethics and specification. It also involved in consultancy works, building services,maintenance/renovation work of dilapidated structures and facility management of structure in all its ramifications.
We are experienced professionals in engineering and other allied professions, embracing specialized skill of Building, Architecture,Engineering, Facility management, Project management and Quantity surveying.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Construction Manager
- We are looking for an enthusiastic, organized Construction Manager to oversee all aspects of our building project, including meeting with project partners, managing supervisors and teams.
- You will be responsible for ensuring all objectives and standards are met, and finding solutions to problems as they arise.
- You will ensure all equipment and materials are available on site as needed.
- You should also ensure the project is planned in a manner that meets and exceeds all objectives, and ensure it is completed on time and within budget. Top candidates must be skillful delegators, adept at identifying crucial aspects of the project and prioritizing them.
- Meeting with engineers, architects and contractors on an ongoing basis regarding project objectives and progress.
- Managing and motivating site foremen and teams.
- Ensuring all equipment needed is available on site.
- Ensuring budget costs relating to wages, contractors, materials and equipment aren’t exceeded.
- Approving purchase requests.
- Ensuring the construction process starts and ends on time, and ensuring daily and weekly deadlines are met.
- Ensuring compliance with health, safety and all other regulations.
- Conducting ongoing quality inspections.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management.
- Proficient in MS Office Word, Excel and Projects
- 5+years construction site management experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff.
- Skilled at solving conflict between different project members and staff.
- Outstanding negotiation, organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Strong leadership skills.
Job Title: Site Engineer
- We are looking to hire a well-organized Site Engineer with strong leadership skills to join our company.
- Responsibilities include managing different parts of construction projects, supervising crew members, preparing estimates for time and material costs, completing quality assurance, observing health and safety standards, and compiling reports for different stakeholders.
- You should be able to work alongside various professionals and create work schedules that meet deadlines.
- Ideal candidate will demonstrate strong analytical and logical thinking skills and also display a superb work ethic and thrive under pressure.
- Organizing materials and ensuring sites are safe and clean.
- Preparing cost estimates and ensuring appropriate materials and tools are available.
- Providing technical advice and suggestions for improvement on particular projects.
- Diagnosing and troubleshooting equipment as required.
- Negotiating with suppliers and vendors to ensure the best contracts.
- Authorizing technical drawings and engineering plans.
- Drawing up work schedules and communicating any adjustments to crew members and clients.
- Gathering data, compiling reports, and delivering presentations to relevant stakeholders.
- Delegating tasks and scheduling meetings and training sessions where required.
- Completing quality assurance and providing feedback to the team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Construction or similar.
- A driver’s license.
- Experience in a similar role.
- Sound knowledge of Engineering, construction, and design.
- Great leadership and organizational skills.
- Superb project management skills.
- Ability to apply logical and critical thinking skills to projects.
- Great written and verbal communication skills.
- A willingness to learn.
Job Title: Project Engineer
- We are looking for a dedicated Project Engineer to assist with the scheduling, planning, forecasting, resourcing, and managing of technical activities to ensure project accuracy and quality.
- You will be responsible for the engineering and technical disciplines of ongoing projects and will establish inspection criteria for the proper implementation of all the elements of a project.
- You should have the ability to work with multiple discipline projects and demonstrate excellent project management and supervision skills.
- You should also have excellent organizational, time management, leadership, and decision-making skills.
- Preparing, scheduling, coordinating, and monitoring assigned engineering projects.
- Formulating project parameters and assigning responsibilities to the most capable employees and monitoring the project team.
- Interacting with clients, interpreting their needs and requirements, and representing them in the field.
- Performing quality control tasks on budgets, schedules, plans, and personnel performance and reporting on the project’s status.
- Cooperating and communicating with the Project Manager and other project participants and collaborating with Senior Engineers to create more efficient project methods and to maintain the project’s profitability.
- Reviewing the engineering tasks and initiating the necessary corrective actions.
- Developing specifications for the project’s needed equipment.
- Creating frameworks to measure the project’s metrics and data collection.
- Establishing field test methods and methods for monitoring the quality of those tests.
- Ensuring the project’s compliance with the applicable codes, practices, policies, performance standards, and specifications.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or a related field.
- A valid Engineering license.
- 4 or more years’ field and project planning experience.
- Excellent computer literacy and knowledge of design and visualization software.
- The ability to work with multiple discipline projects.
- Excellent project management and supervision skills.
- Excellent organizational, time management, leadership, and decision-making skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of applicable codes, policies, standards, and best practices.
Job Title: IT Consultant
- We are looking for technology specialists who are creative problem solvers for the position of IT Consultant.
- Responsibilities include implementation of technological solutions to solve business problems, creating a schedule for analysis, implementation and testing of technology and working with in-house technical teams to ensure consistency of use, among other duties.
- You will communicate technical instructions in understandable business terms and produce technical user manuals, requiring exceptional interpersonal and communicative ability.
- Analyzing a company’s IT system and infrastructure.
- Diagnosing IT system problems, inefficiencies and weaknesses.
- Planning a timeline for completion of projects.
- Understanding a client’s business needs.
- Implementing a technological solution to meet business needs.
- Analyzing and determining security threats.
- Providing advice on technology best practices.
- Collaborating with technical in-house team to ensure familiarity with technology.
- Producing detailed reports on the efficacy of the technology.
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field.
- MBA advantageous.
- Proficiency with database languages.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Creative problem-solving skills.
- Analytical mindset.
- Good time management and organizational skills.
Job Title: Social Media Executive
- We are looking for a witty and strategic Social Media Executive to oversee our company’s presence on a multitude of public platforms. You should create gripping content, analyze public feedback, and report on the effects of each key undertaking.
- You should strike a delicate balance between publishing frequent outputs and maintaining consumers’ interest. Ideal candidate should be knowledgeable about the best posting times for each social media platform.
- Training and supervising a cohort of Social Media Specialists.
- Creating written pieces that are sharp, memorable, and effective at prompting readers to take action.
- Collaborating with Videographers and Multimedia Designers to ensure that posts are engaging.
- Optimizing content for publication across various social media sites.
- Scheduling copy for release at optimal times.
- Monitoring users’ engagement with and feedback on every post.
- Analyzing and reporting on the effects of publications.
- Maintaining a secure database of all login credentials.
- Remaining abreast of changes to all pertinent social media applications.
- Exploring the potential value of social media sites that are not yet in our repertoire.
- Degree in Marketing, Communication Studies, Journalism, Creative Writing, or similar.
- Experience as a Social Media Executive at a similar company.
- Expert knowledge of all leading social media sites, including their algorithms.
- In-depth understanding of the processes surrounding the creation and distribution of paid advertisements.
- Ability to create authoritative and persuasive texts.
- Flexible and engaging writing style.
- Knowledge of pertinent engagement metrics.
- Appreciation for novel insights and ideas.
Deadline: 31st January, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send a detailed Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Job title” as subject of the email.