African Industries Group is a diversified West African Conglomerate that employs over 4,000 people from over 10 countries. The Group has operations in eight locations in Nigeria, distributes products in several West African countries and is increasing investment in neighboring countries. Its origins lie in trading soft and hard commodities imported from Europe and Asia.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Oxygen Plant Operator
Location: Ogijo, Ikorodu, Lagos
- Controls fractionating columns, compressors, purifying towers, heat exchangers, and related equipment to extract nitrogen and oxygen from air for industrial therapeutic use.
- Turns valves in specified sequence to control flow of air through series of units that compress and liquefy it, remove carbon dioxide & impurities and separate resulting product into nitrogen oxygen.
- Observes pressure, temperature, level and flow gauges to make sure standard operation.
- Tests oxygen for purity and moisture content at various stages of process, using burette moisture meter.
- Adjusts equipment according to test results and knowledge of process equipment.
- Opens valves to transfer liquid or gaseous oxygen through heat exchanger to cool air, to heat and vaporize liquid oxygen, and to store gaseous or liquid oxygen in storage tanks at specified temperature pressure.
- Turns valves to transfer compressed oxygen to storage cylinders.
- Cleans and repairs equipment, like replacing defective valves and removing carbon from valves, using handtools air hose.
- Records gauge readings test results.
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Knowledge and prediction of physical principles, laws, their interrelationships, and applications to understanding fluid, material, and atmospheric dynamics, and mechanical, electrical, atomic and sub- atomic structures and processes.
- Knowledge of the chemical composition, structure, and properties of substances and of the chemical processes and transformations that they undergo. This includes uses of chemicals and their interactions, danger signs, production techniques, and disposal methods.
- OND/HND/B.Eng in Chemical Engineering between one to two years proven experience in an oxygen plant.
- Must reside in Ikorodu/ Ogijo Axis.
- Operation Monitoring, Critical Thinking, Quality Control Analysis, Active Listening, Troubleshooting, Systems Analysis
Job Title: HSE Manager
Location: Ogijo, Ikorodu, Lagos
- To bring company related health and safety matters to the attention of the management at regular intervals.
- Ensure adequate means of distributing and communicating health, safety and welfare information obtained for the H.S.E., Safety organisations and Trade associations regarding new techniques of accident prevention, new legislation requirements and codes of practice etc.
- Ensure that an adequate programme of training for health and safety is established and that the safety culture is encouraged amongst employees.
- Keep up to date with changes in current legislation and to bring to the attention of the Head of department responsible for Health and Safety any relevant new legislation.
- Ensure that all “assessments” as required by legislation are conducted and reviewed at relevant intervals and to maintain records of the same.
- To recommend control measures and advise on the standard of P.P.E. issued to employees.
- Conduct health and safety inspections and prepare reports of all the company’s operations.
- To carry out investigations into all accidents and near-miss incidents and to record the findings on the relevant forms.
- To highlight areas where training/certification is required to meet the standards imposed by Legislation, Approved Codes of Practice, or H.S.E. guidance.
- Ensure that the workplace is monitored and is fully in compliance with all applicable OSHA standards, rules and regulations in order to maintain safety in manufacturing facilities.
- Use labels, signs, posters, floor marking, and color coding to warn employees about potential hazards.
- Ensure that Safety Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) are maintained, and communicated to employees.
- In addition, the safety manager is usually the person responsible for ensuring the company is in compliance with OSHA employer requirements. These types of requirements include:
- Fatal accidents that result in the hospitalization of three or more employees, must be reported to the nearest OSHA office within eight hours.
If the company is not exempt, or partially exempt from the OSHA record keeping requirements, the safety manager ensures that records of work-related injuries and illnesses are maintained. To be partially exempt an employer must meet one of the following requirements:
- Ensure the results of safety inspections are documented; monitoring the investigation of accidents and injuries; ensuring that corrective actions are taken; and providing recommendations for ways to prevent similar accidents.
- Ensure that all accident reports are recorded in a timely, complete, and accurate manner.
- Note Safety Violations with Clear Tags
- Bachelor Degree in Science/Engineering or equivalent with additional professional qualifications in HSE and Fire & Safety Management Systems.
- 6 years’ and above experience in Health, Safety and Environment within the steel industry.
- Working knowledge in Health, Safety and Environment Management Systems, Environmental Discharges, Incident Command System, Incident Investigation Tool, HSE Auditing Techniques
- OSHA 14001 and ISO 45001
Job Title: Assistant Human Resources Manager
Location: Ogijo, Ikorodu, Lagos State
- Manage the recruitment and selection process
- Ensure leave schedule is properly tracked and prompt payment of leave allowance to staff.
- Develop and update job descriptions, key result areas, and key performance indicators for each position.
- Administer payroll functions for all employees, taking all deductions like loans, salary advances, and punitive deduction s into account.
- Follow -up on PFAs payment schedules and any other complaint.
- Develop training calendars, induction programs, monitor and facilitates training programs.
- Ensure registration of employees on UNIS application software.
- Monitored attendance and absences for all locations through the VIRDI application.
- Work with employees to improve work relationships, and increase productivity and retention.
- Conduct HR Audit
- Assist in bridging management and employee relations by addressing demands, grievances or other issues
- Assist in developing and monitoring overall HR strategies, systems, tactics and procedures across the organization
- Assist in overseeing and managing a performance appraisal system that drives high performance
- Report to Human Resources Manager and provide decision support through HR metrics
- Ensure legal compliance throughout human resource management
- Proven working experience of at least 5 years’ experience
- People oriented and results driven
- Demonstrable experience with human resources metrics
- Knowledge of HR systems and databases
- Good knowledge of UNIS and Virdi Software
- Ability to architect strategy along with leadership skills
- Excellent active listening, negotiation and presentation skills
- Competence to build and effectively manage interpersonal relationships at all levels of the company
- In-depth knowledge of labor law and HR best practices
- Degree in Human Resources or related field.
Deadline: 16th December, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org using “Oxygen Plant Operator” as the subject of the email.