Job for a Project Manager at Cooperazione Internazionale (COOPI)
Cooperazione Internazionale (COOPI) is an Italian humanitarian non-governmental organization founded in Milan in 1965. COOPI aims to help the world’s poorest to improve their access to healthcare, food, and financial security, and to overcome their special vulnerability to wars, civil conflicts and natural disasters. For 50 years of long-term support and constant presence in the field, COOPI has been engaged in breaking the cycle of poverty and responding to specific emergencies in numerous sectors, including Food Security, Humanitarian Aid, Health, Socio-Economical Services, Water and Sanitation, Human Rights, Education and Training, Migrations and Sustainable Energy.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Manager – WFP
Location: Potiskum – Yobe
Duration: 12 months renewable
Starting Date: ASAP
COOPI is looking for a Project Manager in Nigeria:
- COOPI started its operations in North-East Nigeria in July 2014 to carry out a rapid evaluation of the most relevant constraints suffered by the Internally Displaced People (IDPs) displaced by the food crisis and the Boko Haram insurgency in the Lake Chad Basin.
- COOPI’s aim is to support the most basic and pressing needs of communities affected by the conflict. COOPI is providing a multi-sectoral emergency response to the IDPs, returnees and host population focused on food security, nutrition, protection and education. COOPI main area of intervention is Yobe State but we are also present in Borno state.
Scope of the Vacancy
- The Project Manager is responsible for the overall activities’ planning, execution and reporting of Livelihoods projects. S/he is directly assigned to, and responsible of the supervision of all logistics, HR, financial and overall functioning aspects for his projects.
- Under the direct supervision of the Head of Base and in link with the Program Manager, s/he provide overall managerial oversight to livelihood project and support livelihood project implementation team;
- To ensure cross departmental coordination with WFP food security and livelihood component;
- Work with donor and program team to maintain and update livelihoods implementation plan;
- In cooperation and synergy with the project staff, plans and monitors the livelihood activities’ progress, in compliance with the donor regulations with donor’s and COOPI’s procedures, and with the specific Project Structure and Reporting Lines definition, making use of the financial instruments provided by the organization;
- In collaboration with the Administrative and the Logistics team, plans and monitors the expenditures in line with the project’s implementation needs;
- In collaboration with the Program Manager and in synergy with the specific reporting lines of the projects, promotes and manages relations with the local government institutions, NGOs, and other local partners available in the area;
- Ensure compliance with the fund and timely fulfilment of project’s reporting requirements;
- Executes any other task necessary to good and timely completion of the projects, identified in mutual agreement;
- In coordination with the Administrative team, supports in hiring of new staff directly related to the project and conducts staff appraisals Upholds COOPI’s mission and Charter of Values;
- Put in place and follow in accountability and beneficiaries feedback mechanism;
- Follows and enforces all COOPI codes of conduct and policies (globally and in-country);
- In cooperation with the Program Manager, s/he finalizes the data provided by his/her team and supports the preparation, in compliance with the deadlines, of the narrative reports expected by the donors and by the partners;
- Coordinates the overall project: supervises the overall effectiveness and efficiency of the staff; monitors the accuracy and efficiency of activities;
- Represents COOPI with the local / State authorities and partners;
- In collaboration with the Program Manager and Head of Base, prepares all the formal communication and contract modification requests (ex. budget modification) of the project;
- Liaise with logistics / procurement team to ensure the goods purchased for the project, support updates of the inventory and guarantee the respect of the policies and guidelines;
- Performs any other duties as requested by the supervisor;
- Support Program Manager to explore livelihood program expansion and fundraising.
- Master’s degree in Humanitarian / Development Studies / Social Sciences or any related field;
- At least 3 years of working experience in / with INGO on Livelihoods / FSL area;
- Experience in managing enterprise and livelihood development activities as a+;
- Excellent in written and spoken English;
- Proven commitment to accountability practices;
- Excellent Microsoft Office applications skills (Excel, Word, Power point, Emails, Skype, Web researchers);
- Ability to plan, organize work, communicate and reports effectively (both in writing and verbally);
- Knowledge of and adherence to COOPI Code of Conduct, understands other international development guidelines.
- Proven interest & commitment to humanitarian and development principles and a demonstrable understanding of conflict/post conflict development contexts;
- Expertise in sustainable livelihoods, on-farm and off-farm livelihoods, in particular: data collection, analysis, and report writing including post-distribution monitoring (PDM);
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines;
- Team player, effective communicator, successful negotiator, creative and analytical thinker, active learner, able to work in a multicultural environment;
- Excellent communication skills, calm, with a good sense of working in inter-cultural environment;
- Ability to function effectively under stressful conditions such as heavy workloads, and deadlines.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: We reserve the right to close the vacancy prior to the application closing date, once a sufficient number of applications have been received
Application Deadline 7th January, 2020