APIN Public Health Initiatives is a non-governmental donor-funded organization dedicated to the prevention, treatment, care and support of diseases of public health importance in Nigeria, including HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria, among others. APIN works in partnership with the Federal and State Governments of Nigeria, United States Center for Disease Control (CDC), as well as the Global Fund to fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria in Nigeria. We seek to recruit qualified persons to fill critical positions necessary for programme implementation. We offer professionals opportunities for career advancement, a good working environment and competitive remuneration.
We are seeking qualified and suitable candidate to assume this vacant position below:
Job Title: Technical Officer, Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E)
Project: CDC 1753
Location: Abuja HQ
- Reporting to the Associate Director-Strategic Information, the desired candidate will be a member of the Strategic Information team and will contribute to program monitoring and evaluation (M&E) support for the implementation of robust monitoring and evaluation systems in the State.
- S/he will provide technical assistance to program sites including supportive supervision visits, interacting with state Program Managers, SI leads and M&E focal persons in the analysis, review of monthly reports and use of output data for program improvement.
- S/He will conduct routine monitoring visits to project sites, including data quality assessment (DQA) exercise using national tools and ensure result utilization for site improvement activities.
- S/He will on a monthly basis, review, re-validate and analyse program data on APIN DHIS, PERFAR DATIM, NHMIS, NOMIS and other reporting platforms.
- S/He will support reporting of program data to various platforms PERFAR DATIM, APIN DHIS2, NOMIS, and Global Fund reporting template.
- S/He will possess a skill for reviewing the R-scripts, DHIS form creation, and data analytics operations. Familiarization with DATIM flat-file validation and data reporting mechanism is also of essence. S/he will provide support/guidance to state teams on program/project monitoring and evaluation and on USG and Government of Nigeria reporting requirements.
Qualifications and Experience
- Must possess a degree in Medical Sciences (MBBS/B.Pharm.), Behavioural / Social Sciences, Public Health, Demography, Biostatistics, Statistics or relevant field. Master’s degree in public health (MPH) will be an advantage.
- Must have a minimum of five (5) years’ experience in the field of HIV/AIDS care and relevant experience supporting the implementation of M&E systems, planning and executing program evaluation.
- Must have experience conducting monitoring visits, utilizing checklists and other tools, including the ability to develop M&E tools as needed.
- Must possess the ability to analyze and interpret both quantitative and qualitative data to inform programming.
Deadline: 24th December, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Applicants will be required to attach a CV with a Suitability Statement that states how their skills, knowledge and experience make them suitable, and indicating the person specifications highlighted above for the position.
- The Suitability Statement should not exceed a page and must appear on the first page of the CV, contained in one document.
- Late applications will not be considered and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.