Havana Specialist Hospital is a foremost Nigerian private hospital where multidisciplinary medicine is practiced at the highest level. Since her inception in the year 1983 Havana Specialist Hospital has continued to be a pace setter in medical service delivery in Lagos and Nigeria at large. To this effect, Havana has since grown to become one of the best hospitals in Nigeria and has been acknowledged by several awards and prestigious recognition.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Laboratory Technician
Qualification and Experience
- Work experience: At least 3-5 years working experience with good knowledge of laboratory services
- Must have completed the required professional training and qualifications for their disciplines from recognized institutions
- Must be registered with the Medical Laboratory Science council of Nigeria
- Education requirements: HND in Medical Laboratory Technology or its equivalent
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office Suite
Roles & Responsibilities
- Perform minor tests such as malaria test etc. and some major tests under guidance of a Laboratory Scientist.
- Record results of experiments according to standard laboratory techniques
- Preparation of blood films, culture media and dilution of regent
- Assist in resolving patient’s problems and needs by utilizing multidisciplinary team strategies
- Examining and identifying bacteria and other microorganisms causing disease as well as preparing specimens and analyzing the chemical and hormonal contents of body fluids under supervision
- Report test results following standard laboratory protocols and informing superiors about abnormal results
- Ensure quality control in collecting specimens, ensure appropriate sampling and maintain accurate record keeping
- Assist in maintaining laboratory equipment and supplies. Set up, maintain, calibrate, clean, and test sterility of medical laboratory equipment
- Comply with all laboratory policies and OSHA regulations related to safety, cleanliness and infection control
- Maintain the strictest confidentiality of patients and protect operations by keeping information confidential
- Providing answers to inquiries about incorrect or abnormal test results and answers questions about specific factors that can influence test results
- Analyzing chemical reactions to determine concentrations of compounds such as blood glucose and cholesterol levels as well as identifying blood groups and cross matching blood for transfusions under supervision
- Performs all duties promptly in a competent and caring manner
Deadline: 10th January, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Job Title” as subject of the email.