Legal Manager Vacancy in a Logistics Services Company
Busy Mind Consult – Our client, a highly dynamic Logistics Services company in Lagos is seeking the services of an experience candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Legal Manager
Reporting line: Head, Legal
Employment Type: Full Time
- To manage the day to day legal and administrative activities of the Company
- Provide legal advice to Company Departments and Managers
- Draft, review and execute all legal contracts
- Liaise with Company’s external lawyers
- Liaise with Company’s Clients
- Train and mentor junior staff and other members of the Department
- Guide company staff, management and directors about the day-to-day management of the organization, including compliance with legal and statutory requirements
- Convene annual general meetings (AGM)/meetings (producing agendas, taking minutes; conveying decisions etc.
- Provide support to committees and working parties such as the Board of Directors etc.
- Implement procedural / administrative systems
- Ensuring policies are kept current, are approved, and that company members are aware of their implications, e.g. legal
- Maintain current awareness about company law
- Keeping a register of shareholders and liaise with them on behalf of the company
- Collect feedback from clients, partners, suppliers, staff and other relevant stakeholders to ensure optimal service delivery and continuous improvement
- Identify, assess wand monitor risks associated with all activitiesw
- Define, monitor progress on, implement and manage solutions to achieve Departmental objectives.
- Take responsibility as the risk owner of your process
- Liaise with Compliance and Risk Management to appoint risk officers and ensure that risk reporting is made to Head, Compliance and Risk Management at defined intervals at least quarterly or when risk incidents occurs.
- Application of risk-based thinking and teach team to do same.
- Maintain organisation quality standards and continually improve legal processes
- Ensure the update of applicable legal as well as risk register on on-going basis.
- Accountable for managing activities so that risk appetite is not exceeded.
- Identify risks and provide appropriate treatment plans for them.
- Identify opportunities that can be exploited by the organization.
- Minimum of 7 years post bar experience in general corporate, litigation and commercial legal practice, of which at least 3 years of experience is in a leading law firm and 3 years’ experience at a managerial level in the oil and gas; maritime, infrastructure; tele-communications or financial sectors.
- Must have a working knowledge of investor relations function.
- Must have experience in preparing executive-ready PowerPoint presentations.
- Must be able to interpret financial statements and understand the financial instruments
- Must have knowledge of legal and statutory filing and reporting requirements
Knowledge, Skill and Ability:
- Ability to ensure that the highest standards of quality and customer care are achieved;
- Verbal and written communication skill
- Integrity, transparency and honesty, and must be able to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to flexibly change deadlines and work priorities
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, ERP (enterprise resource planning) etc.
- Vast legal knowledge (corporate and litigation) – local and international
- Legal document drafting – e.g. contracts, agreements, NDA etc.)
- Managerial skills
- Knowledge of statutory requirements for business processes relating to the company services
To be determined (TBD).
Deadline: 10th January, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their detailed CV to: email@example.com using the “Job title” as subject of the email.
Note: Dates of each of your work experience should include the start month and year and stop month and year. E.g. July 2013 – May 2018.