Quantity Surveyor Job at Food Concepts PLC
Food Concepts commenced operations in 2001. From inception, our aim has been clear-cut and focused: to revolutionize the food sector in West Africa and to deliver extraordinary satisfaction to our stakeholders.
Since launching in 2004, Chicken Republic (Subsidiary of Food concepts) has already opened 55 stores in Nigeria and Ghana. On this basis, we are proud of the brand’s hard-earned reputation as the fastest growing chicken QSR in West Africa and the number 1 chicken QSR in Nigeria (both in revenues and number of outlets). In addition, Chicken Republic was ranked as one of Nigeria’s top 20 brands across all categories (Financial Standards Awards 2009).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Quantity Surveyor
Job Type: Full Time
- Prepare cost analysis based on the architectural drawings, engineering estimates, materials required and labor involved.
- Prepare cost plans to enable design teams to produce practical designs for construction projects, which involve liaising with architects, engineers and subcontractors.
- Commercial vetting of sub contractor tenders and contracts.
- Certification of subcontractor monthly valuations and final accounts.
- Communicate regularly with project staff and specialist subcontractors to ensure commercial controls are in place, understood and followed at all times.
- Manage and produce accurate formal reports in accordance with business timetable.
- Monitor all commercial information in relation to project including labour, material and sub contractor cost forecasting thus ensuring budgets adhered to.
- Supply all relevant information to the Manager and or the Managing Director for review at the specified intervals set.
- Prepare tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities.
- Evaluate tenders from contractors and subcontractors and, where appropriate, negotiate with the contractors.
- Control all stages of projects within predetermined budget and expenditure.
- Monitor and keep track of project progress and are responsible for the measurement and valuation of variations in the work during the contract, for agreement of interim payments and the final account.
- Work as part of a team to ensure that the requirements of the client are delivered.
- Carry out monthly valuations of work in progress, including forecasting of final costs and sales.
- Provide advice to project staff on commercial and contractual matters including reviewing and drafting of correspondence.
- Assist General Manager and or the Managing Director with a range of other duties as may be required from time to time
- Minimum of a University Degree in Quantity Survey.
- Minimum 3 years quantity surveying experience.
Desired Personal Attributes:
- Pro-active self-starter
- Assertive and tenacious
- Ability to work with little or no supervision
- Highly organized and able to adapt quickly to changing priorities.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online