Dovewell Oilfield Services Limited is a fully Nigerian owned oil and gas service company. Our primary focus is to employ our specialized, technical expertise and motivate our team of professionals in contributing positively to the Nigerian Petroleum and Energy main industry in particular and West Africa in general. We are a powerhouse of technology, creativity and expertise. We possess unrivaled problem solving proficiency and acumen in the Petroleum industry.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Accounts Officer
- A career with Dovewell Oilfield Services Limited is an on-going journey of career development, it’s an opportunity to learn, thrive and grow. We are a fully Nigerian owned oil and gas service company
- Our primary focus is to employ our specialized, technical expertise and motivate our team of professionals in contributing positively to the Nigerian Petroleum and Energy main industry in particular and West Africa in general
- We are a powerhouse of technology, creativity and expertise. We possess unrivaled problem solving proficiency and acumen in the Petroleum industry.
- Our Senior Accounts Officer is responsible for the management of a set of accounting activities to ensure compliance with generally accepted accounting principles, corporate policies and external audits
- Our ideal candidate will manage the accounts payable function, payroll function, debt recovery, monthly closing of accounts and preparation of reports in support of the financial statements
- Oversee general accounting operations by controlling and verifying our financial transactions
- Our ideal candidate must possess excellent analytical skills with a thorough knowledge of accounting principles to analyze financial reports and forecasts.
Details of Functions
- Manage the flow of correspondence into the company and the reconciliation of customers’ accounts and documentation.
- Maintains general ledger by transferring subsidiary accounts, preparing a trial balance, and reconciling entries.
- Coordinate monthly/annual budgeting and forecasting.
- Liaise with bankers, account officers and company clients on accounts.
- Prepare detailed journal entries and account analyses.
- Liaise with tax consultant on various statutory remittances.
- Collaborate with external auditors to ensure successful audit results and compliance.
- Produce error-free accounting reports and present their results.
- Prepare summary feedback of financial statements variances to budget.
- Recording office expenditures and ensuring these expenses are within the set budget.
- Verify, allocate, post and reconcile accounts payable and receivable.
- Review accounting entries and posting into the company accounting system with accurate figures and proper classification and coding.
- Must possess a minimum of five years experience as Senior Accounts officer.
- A University Degree in Accounting, Finance or related course
- Demonstrate aptitude for problem-solving
- Good communication skills.
- ICAN/ACCA membership is compulsory
- Ability to pay attention to details.
- Analyze information and suggests strategic solution.
- Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures
- Debt recovery skills.
- Ability to multi task and meet deadlines.
- Must be very thorough, workplace confidentiality is key.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Accounting software.
Deadline: 13th December, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.