Vacancy for Chief Financial Officer in an Insurance Company
PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC) – Our client is one of Nigeria’s foremost Insurance companies. The company is a provider of General and Life Insurance. In line with its desire to ensure that key roles are filled by best-in-class talent, with the requisite skills and experience, the Company seeks to recruit a suitably qualified candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chief Financial Officer
Reference Number: 130-PEO01116
Department: People & Change Nigeria
Job Type: Permanent
- The Chief Financial Officer will support the MD/CEO and Management Board to develop and oversee the execution of a finance, treasury and investible funds management strategy that enables the achievement of long-term goals and operational plans.
- If you are a dynamic, experienced and highly collaborative leader, let’s change the world together.
- Our client seeks a visionary, inspirational and strategic leader to run the finance operations of the organization.
- An outstanding communicator and coalition-builder, knowledgeable about business and health, with the standing, respect and authenticity to influence and close large deals with high-net worth individuals and corporations.
- He/she must be entrepreneurial, flexible and adaptable, with superior business acumen that enables swift development and execution of ideas and plans.
- Strong consulting and project management experience is essential, along with the ability to inspire trust, confidence and collaboration across a diverse community of stakeholders.
- He/she should be a passionate advocate, catalyst and change agent, building and driving a small high-performance team, towards quality execution and financial sustainability.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or a Finance related field.
- Must be both a qualified /certified Accountant ACA and a CFA charterholder
- Minimum of 15 years financial experience, with at least 5 years in Senior Financial Management capacity spanning Corporate, Business Planning, Revenue Assurance, Treasury Management and Accounting with excellent knowledge of insurance Business.
- Demonstrable understanding of insurance financials as well as advanced business finance and performance analysis.
- Knowledge of statutory and regulatory issues as well as global best practices
Skills and Competencies:
- Strong budget and management skills, including proven ability to manage project/process.
- Ability to adapt to change quickly and multi-task.
- Excellent ability as a consultant/negotiator to influence company senior management.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, tight timelines, multiple priorities, and demanding customers, in a fast-moving, constantly changing environment.
- High degree of professionalism, maturity and confidentiality.
- Strong oral, written interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Strong People skills- Building Collaborative Relationships, highly developed, demonstrated teamwork skill.
- Demonstrated ability to see the big picture and provide useful and strategic advice and input across the company and on the executive team.
- Creative and forward-thinking skill.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work within and manage a team of professional, guiding and coordinating towards achieving common objectives.
- Strong Leadership skills.
- Strong ethics.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Leads the creation of a fully active and invested network of African companies.
- Contributes to the formation of the Business Strategy and ensures that all financial policies, procedures and systems are sound.
- Overseas the preparation of Annual Operating Plan, Business Financial Plan and Analytics.
- Using appropriate forecasting tool, ensures that adequate measures are factored to achieve business objects.
- Provides financial direction, planning and accounting to the business, covering short term and long-term financial goals.
Liquidity & Treasury Management:
- Ensures that optimal liquidity is available to deliver business plan.
- Negotiates/arranges external finance, when necessary.
- Reviews working capital/cash flow requirement on a regular basis
- Monitors banking activities for the entire Group for proper running and ensure regular reconciliations of all banking transactions with the cash books.
Budgeting and Financial Forecast:
- Develops plans, budgets, forecasts and financial results to guide management decisions by forecasting requirements; analyzing variances and initiating corrective actions.
- Presents operating and capital expenditure budgets for review and approval.
Financial Analysis & Interpretation:
- Monitors financial performance by measuring and analyzing results; initiating corrective actions; minimizing the impact of variances.
- Responsible for presenting and reporting accurate and timely historical financial information of the Group (Company and subsidiaries)
- Reports financial status by developing forecasts; reporting results; analyzing variances; developing improvements
- Coordination of financial reports coming from companies (subsidiaries and associate) within the Group.
- Should be able to demonstrate understanding of insurance financials as well as advanced business finance and performance analysis.
Regulatory & Statutory Relationship:
- Oversee the coordination and activities of independent auditors (Internal and External Auditors)
- Coordinates regulatory and supervisory functions
- Manages relationship with regulatory and statutory bodies, i.e. NAICOM, FIRS, Lagos State Internal revenue Service, etc.
Internal Control & Monitoring:
- Ensures adequate controls are installed and maintained to cover all financial transactions, including safeguarding financial assets.
- Possesses versatile ability to handle various business applications within the Group
- Oversees all control and monitoring activities and personnel to achieve proper coordination
- Oversees activities of employees and teams (i.e. hires, coaches, appraises rewards, motivates, discipline, etc).
- Works through HODs in setting standards, priorities and schedules.
- Responsible for employee engagement within the Finance Group.
Deadline: 30th December, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online