Vacancy for Patient Services Coordinator at Run for a Cure Africa
Run For a Cure Africa is a powerful nonprofit organization set up with the aim of eradicating Breast Cancer in Africa.
We are a group of people directly or indirectly affected by breast cancer who are dedicated to lessening the impact of this disease on the women of our community.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Patient Services Coordinator
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- A Patient Services Coordinator (PSC) plays a vital role in the overall treatment experience for a patient fighting breast cancer. The (PSC) is the #1 advocate of the patient. He/she coordinates, monitors, and clarifies the treatment process for the patient and serves as a bridge between the patient and other healthcare workers involved in his/her treatment.
- The PSC answers any questions the patient or the patient’s family might have concerning the treatment plan and process, while working in partnership with the multidisciplinary team to communicate modes of treatment, effects of treatment, and proper nutrition during treatment.
- The PSC also serves as a resource for finding support programs in the community and alternative access to treatment. His/Her primary goal is to reduce the stress and confusion throughout the process, so the patient can focus on fighting breast cancer.
- Additionally, the PSC also serves as a community advocate. Raising awareness about breast cancer in the community.
- Social Work/Public Health degree preferred.
- Experience in social work and case management preferred.
- General knowledge of breast diseases and issues of the breast.
- Experience working in an oncology department preferred.
- Ability to collect, organize, and manage a significant amount of patient data and medical information.
- Coordinate communication between patient and healthcare workers concerning the patient’s treatment and progress.
- Effectively communicate with different audiences from different backgrounds.
- Develop and facilitate educational meetings, seminars, and support groups for patients and their families and caregivers.
- Develop and facilitate outreach programs to the greater community on breast health and breast cancer.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should
Click here to apply online