Federal University Dutse was established in 2011. It is located in the ancient city of Dutse the Jigawa State capital. The University seeks to attract a diverse and international Faculty and Students body to support research and teaching on global issues, and to create academic relationship with many universities and higher educational institutions in Nigeria and across the world.
The Governing Council of the University is pleased to announce that the position of Bursar will soon fall vacant in the University and therefore invites suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Bursar
- Candidate for the post must have the ability to provide good leadership that can inspire and motivate colleagues with clear vision for the development of the University.
- He must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills able to command the respect and loyalty of staff of the University.
Qualifications and Experience
- Possess a good honors degree in Accounting from a recognized University and possession of higher qualification(s) is an added advantage;
- Must be a qualified member of a professional body such as ICAN, ACCA, ANAN, CIMA, CPA.
- Must be computer literate with a working knowledge of relevant accounting packages;
- Must possess NYSC Discharge Certificate or evidence of exemption.\
- Must have a minimum of fifteen (15) years of unbroken cognate administrative and professional service in a University.
- Must have and show demonstrable evidence of consummate management and leadership passion.
- Must have attained the rank of a Deputy Bursar or its equivalent in a University.
- Must not be above 60 years of age by July, 2020.
- Candidate must provide a vision statement of not more than 500 wards relating to the University in his 5-year tenure with particular reference to the administration and control of the financial affairs of the University.
The successful candidate for the office of Bursar shall be a single term of five (5) years from the effective date of appointment.
Salary and Conditions of Service
The remuneration and other conditions of service are as applicable to the post of a Bursar of Federal Universities in Nigeria and as may be determined from time to time by the Federal Government of Nigeria and the University’s Governing Council as appropriate.
Deadline: 12th March, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their Applications with thirty (30) copies of their detailed Curriculum Vitae. Candidates CV should highlight the following in the order indicated below:
- Full Name (Surname first in Capital letters)
- Place and Date of Birth
- Marital Status
- Number and Ages of Children
- Postal address
- Permanent Home Address
- State of origin and LGA
- E-mail and Phone Numbers
- Schools attended with dates
- Qualifications obtained with dates ie Degree (5) (Including Dates / Class and Institutions) and / or any other qualifications and distinctions (Photocopies of certificates to be attached)
- Previous employments (s) Position (s) Date (s)
- Membership of Professional bodies
- Present employment, Status, Salary (Detail with work schedule)
- Names and Addresses of three (3) referees.
Applicants are expected to request their referees to forward their reports under confidential cover with the envelope marked “Post of Bursar directly to the Vice-Chancellor via the address below.
All Applicants should submit under confidential cover in sealed envelopes marked, “Post of Bursar” to:
Federal University of Dutse,
P.M.B. 7156, Dutse