Chief Information Security Officer Job at TechAdvance
TechAdvance is a payment application development company with a strategic focus in developing and deploying niche payment companies to serve the needs of large public and private sector organisations in Emerging markets.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chief Information Security Officer
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Reporting Line: Chief Executive Officer
- The Chief Information Security Officer has ultimate responsibility for information security at TechAdvance; he/she provides an accurate view of the information security conditions and encourages information owners and users to keep risks at an acceptable level.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field with relevant certifications
- 7-12 years of work experience in progressive IT Security
- Excellent communication, documentation and presentation skills
- Strong leadership and managerial skills
- Good knowledge of regulatory compliance, including PCI DSS, NIST etc.
- A good understanding of security concepts such as DNS, authentication, VPN, proxy services and DDOS mitigation technologies is necessary. Experience with TCP/IP, routing and switching is also required
- Experience with frameworks like ISO 27001/27002, ITIL and COBIT
- Must be proficient to work with Windows and Unix like operating systems
- Familiar with Security of cloud-based infrastructure
- Experience with risk management, network security of both on-premises and cloud infrastructure, firewall management
The key responsibilities of the CISO with respect to information security are detailed below:
- Accountable to the Executive Management for enabling the business to balance risk and reward
- Accountable for enabling the efficient and effective governance of significant risks (strategic, reputational, operational, financial, or compliance-related), and related opportunities, to TechAdvance and its various segments
- Responsible for coordinating TechAdvance’s Risk Management (RM) approach.
- Responsible for ensuring that TechAdvance is in full compliance with applicable regulations
- Ensures that the TechAdvance’s risk profile matches its risk appetite
- Ensures that security initiatives and activities are aligned with business objectives
- Ensures the implementation of information security strategy and policies approved by the Board
- Escalates information security incidents to the Executive Management Committee where necessary
- Provides appropriate resources to evaluate and control information-related risks
- Provides guidance and direction for the ISMS Steering Committee and Management Review Meetings
- Reviews information security policies at least annually or when significant changes occur in the information security implementation
- Sponsors TechAdvance’s information security programme
- Sponsors and promotes the effectiveness of the information security organisation
- Ensure that top management, as well as key stakeholders within the information security organogram, possesses the requisite expertise and knowledge required to secure the TechAdvance’s information assets
- Ensure that TechAdvance implements a sound methodology for managing information security consistent with the ISO 27001 standards
- Ensure that detailed policies, standards and procedures are created, updated regularly and effectively communicated within TechAdvance
- Assess the effectiveness of TechAdvance’s information security programme
- Perform oversight functions spanning TechAdvance’s information security organisation
- Ensure that TechAdvance adequately budgets for information security
Deadline: 22nd January, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online