The Federal Polytechnic Ede, Osun State, was established on 14th February, 1992 by the Federal Government as a third generation Polytechnic. As a fast growing institution, it runs forty (40) National Diploma and thirty (30) Higher National Diploma (HND) programmes in four (4) Schools and twenty-one (21) Academic Departments.
Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Chief Security Officer
Job Type: Full Time
Job Field: Security/Intelligence
- The Chief Security Officer is responsible to the Rector for the Security in the entire Polytechnic Community
- He is responsible for the effective co-ordination of security in and around the Campuses of the Institution located in Osun State.
Candidates should posses the following:
- A good University Degree will be an advantage plus professional qualification(s) in security from a reputable Institution
- Candidate must have at least 12 (twelve) years post qualification Bus security experience in an Institution of Higher learning
- A serving or retired officer not lower than the rank of a Chief Superintendent of Police or its equivalent in other Services
- The person must be a goal getter, highly organized, very resourceful, must have sound health, be innovative, hardworking and competent
- He must have good personality with good managerial skills and personal integrity
- The person must be a leader and a team player capable of working with minimum supervision.
- Experience and exposure in intelligence and surveillance duties will be an added advantage.
Condition of Service
- The basic salary attached to the post is CONTEDISS 13 Other allowances and fringe benefits are as applicable to similar positions in tertiary Institutions in Nigeria and the Governing Council may determine as from time to time
Vision and Mission Statement:
- Candidates should give their Vision and Mission statement for the Security network of the Institution.
Deadline: 27th February, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates are to forward ten (10) copies of each of their typewritten Applications and Curriculum Vitae giving the details in the following order:
- Post Desired
- Full Name, with Surname Underlined
- Date and Place of Birth
- Nationality and how acquired
- State of Origin
- Permanent Address a Current Postal Address
- E-Mail Address
- Mobile Phone Number(s)
- Marital Status, Number and Ages of children
- Educational Institution(s) attended with dates and Qualifications attained
- Previous Employer(s) and Post(s) held with dates
- Present Employer
- Post and Salary (Evidence of salary will be demanded at the interview
- Publication(s) if any
- Name of three (3) Referees (Employer, Educational and Personal)
- Normal signature.
All applications are to be forwarded under confidential cover in a sealed envelope marked at the upper left-hand cover “Chief Security Officer” and addressed to:
Dr. O. A Ogunleye
The Registrar/Secretary to Council,
Federal Polytechnic Ede,
PMB 231, Ede,