Geonel Holdings Limited – We are an Abuja based company with subsidiary companies involved in numerous sectors including Agriculture, Construction, Oil & Gas and Real Estate. As part of our expansion plans, we are interested in engaging highly motivated individual / individuals for the position below to join our team in our various business ventures:
Job Title: Financial Controller
Location: Abuja, Nigeria.
Job Type: Full time
- We are looking for a results-driven and confident Financial Controller to manage and improve our organization’s financial performance and direct our accounting operations.
- Duties for the Financial Controller will include managing accounting records, evaluating and managing risk, ensuring compliance with regulations, publishing financial statements, overseeing accounting operations, analyzing financial data, monitoring expenditure, forecasting revenue, coordinating auditing processes, and ensuring accuracy of financial information.
- The ideal candidate should possess strong analytical skills, exceptional problem-solving skills, high numerical skill, be highly organized, and have excellent leadership skills.
- The Financial Controller would streamline our accounting functions and operations, provide financial analysis and reports, and promote regulatory compliance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, MSc or MBA in Finance will be an added advantage.
- ICAN, ACCA, ANAN or any related professional qualification would be an added advantage
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience, With at least 3 years in a managerial position
- Sound knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process
- Good communication skills.
- Strong leadership qualities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Auditing experience.
- Compliance oriented.
- Proficiency in accounting software.
- Analytical skills.
- Experience with creating financial statements
- Preparing financial reports.
- Analyzing financial data.
- Monitoring internal controls.
- Prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements
- Coordinate the preparation of regulatory reporting
- Overseeing and preparing income statements.
- Managing financial transactions.
- Streamlining accounting functions and operations.
- Developing plans for financial growth.
- Evaluating and managing risk.
- Coordinating audit processes.
- Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Additional controller duties as necessary
Deadline: 31st January, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should address their Cover Letter, CV, and copies of all academic certificates to the “HR Department” and sent to: email@example.com in one document. Subject of mail / application should be REF:0103 and the job position applied for
- Applications received after the closing date stated above will not be considered.
- Unsuitable applications will not be acknowledged.