Heartland Alliance LTD / GTE (HA) is an indigenous non-governmental organization established to address the human rights needs of vulnerable persons in the society.
We seek to employ qualified candidates to fill the position below with expertise and knowledge of sound financial management and reporting system essential to enable successful achievement of program objectives:
Job Title: Financial Management Consultant (Team Lead)
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Duration: 2 months
Scope of Work
The successful Consultants will assist Heartland Alliance LTD / GTE to:
- Design and implement an appropriate financial management and reporting system, procedures and internal controls to properly account, manage and report on the programs funds, expenditures and assets.
- Assist with development of appropriate program specific chart of accounts and set up of QuickBooks Accounting Software.
- Setup the centralized chart of accounts in cloud.
- Train Heartland Alliance LTD / GTE staff and on the use of QuickBooks accounting software.
- Provide On-site and off-site support during initial period of implementation.
- Support the initial set up of a long term secure user-friendly financial management and reporting system that will facilitate expenditure analysis
- The Team will also be required to:
- Support the purchase and installation of the agreed computerized accounting application and tailored to meet the needs of Heartland Alliance LTD / GTE requirements. This will involve, but not be limited to, developing the chart of accounts, defining the accounts and records to be maintained, developing reporting formats for both operational requirements and financial management reporting, establishing appropriate security of system access, accounts and records, back up processes. Relevant application licenses will be registered in the name of the Heartland Alliance LTD / GTE and must include suitable and appropriate support arrangements for problem solving and future system upgrades.
- Establish appropriate documentation retention and storage arrangements relating to financial transactions.
- Undertake training of Heartland Alliance LTD / GTE staff and key staff of its sub-award partners in the operation, administration and maintenance of the computerized accounting system.
The Consultant is required to deliver the following:
- Carry out the scope of work itemized above.
- Prepare a final report summarizing the outcomes of the consultancy and making recommendations on future developments (as necessary) considered desirable.
- Provide support services after installation of the system
Commencement and Duration of the Consultancy:
- The consultancy is planned to commence in February 2020.
- The consultants will report directly to Controller, who will provide administrative support, and all relevant documents needed.
Qualifications / Requirements
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent in Financial Management or Business Administration (a Master’s will be an advantage)
- Membership of either ACCA, ICAN or equivalent professional accounting body.
- At least 5 years working experience in health planning, management, monitoring and evaluation of health programs at the national levels would be an advantage.
- Strong writing, communication and facilitation skills;
- Knowledge, understanding of HIV / AIDS issues in Nigeria, regionally and internationally, and familiarity with issues and linkages between HIV / AIDS, poverty and gender.
- Excellent knowledge of social research methods and analysis. Knowledge of USAID policies and procedures is an advantage
- Experience in working for CSOs and communities in Nigeria, and familiarity with USAID policies, procedures, budgeting and guidelines.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment.
The consultant will have the following qualifications:
- Demonstrated experience in the design and implementation of financial systems.
- Demonstrated experience in developing finance processes and procedures and documenting these in suitable Manuals.
- Knowledge and understanding of non-governmental organization financial management and USAID project requirements, including familiarity with budgeting, accounting, reporting.
- Knowledge of accounting and reporting standards
- Demonstrated ability and experience working as a consultant to non-governmental organizations in developing countries;
- Excellent communication skills and ability to write in English
- Competency in USAID rules and regulations will be an added advantage.
Deadline: 17th January, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates / Consultants should send their expression of interest (EOI) along with a detailed Resume as attached MS Word documents to: Bid.KPcare1@heartlandalliance.org Subject of the email should be: “HALTD/GTE/KPCARE1/FINANCE/JAN/2020/005”
The Resume should include but not limited to the following:
- Personal profile
- Expected daily rate
- The Tax – identification – number of the applicants, and suitability for the assignment as well as readiness for immediate short term consultancy plus a copy(s) of such previous work with contact details of the organisation where similar jobs have been provided.
- Only qualified persons will be shortlisted and invited for screening.
- Any questions or request for identification need to be submitted in writing to: firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 20th January, 2020