GUS Consulting Limited – Our client, an indigenous Oil and Gas company is recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Financial Accountant
- This role is responsible for coordinating the day to day accounting operations of the subsidiaries, as well as applying accounting principles to prepare financial reports and analyse financial information.
- Maintain the general ledger. Review and post financial transactions into tally, making accruals and adjustments as needed
- Prepare and analyse profit and loss statements and monthly close accounting reports
- Perform monthly balance sheet accounts reconciliation, resolve outstanding/unusual items or accounting entry discrepancies
- Advice management and relevant finance staff on acceptable accounting policies e.g. revenue, receivables, depreciation, taxation etc
- Prepare and manage fixed assets register
- Reconcile all ledgers for the production of year end trial balances and reports
- Prepare the annual statutory financial reports, making appropriate disclosures
- Manage accounting applications and ensure integrity of financial reports
- Prepare work papers for audit and pre-qualification/tender documentation purposes
- Liaise with relevant external bodies/contacts e.g. auditors, solicitors, bankers etc
- Prepare reports of audit findings, outlining discrepancies and recommended workable solutions
- Implement risk management procedures and internal controls
- Ensure strict adherence to HSE policies and procedures and comply with safe work methods as required.
- Perform any other duty that may be assigned by Supervisor/line Manager
- Degree in Finance, Accountancy, Economics or other related field.
- Relevant professional qualification e.g. Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN), Association of Certified and Chartered Accountants (ACCA).
- 5 years’ work experience in the Finance/ Treasury/ Accounts function in a similar organisation.
- Experience in finance and accounting. Deep knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles. Knowledge of IFRS would be added advantage.
- Proficiency in the use of financial reporting tools.
- Strong Integrity.
- Proficiency in the use of Ms Office Suite i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Ability to analyze financial data and interpret financial reports.
Job Title: Head, Learning & Development
- You will be responsible for implementing a continuous performance improvement culture and behavioural change across the business by positioning Training and Development as a tool to achieving overall business strategy.
- Co-ordinate a learning needs analysis process and develop a Learning Strategy for the company in consultation with stakeholders.
- Draft effective training strategies and coordinate the implementation of these strategies, training policies and procedures.
- Develop and manage annual training and development plans and budget, tailored to employ employee and organisation needs as well as specific ITF requirements.
- Appoint, quality assure and manage contracts with external trainers and training providers.
- Act as internal verifier/assessor of training programmes as required, appointing others also to perform these roles as necessary.
- Oversee the development, maintenance and expansion of an e-learning platform, e-learning courses and e-resource library as part of the training offer.
- Set and monitor standards for training and learning.
- Evaluate training and learning and their impact on the employee’s knowledge and practice, and use this to achieve continuous improvement
- Lead, manage and ensure high performance within the Learning and Development team in line the company’s values and management principles, ensuring that all work is focussed on the company’s strategy and annual plan objectives.
- Monitor to ensure that the Learning and Development function is administered efficiently and effectively.
- Plan, develop, and provide training and staff development programs, using knowledge of the effectiveness of methods such as classroom training, demonstrations, on-the-job training, meetings, conferences, and workshops.
- Effectively liaise with external training /professional bodies and draft various business strategies and initiatives to create competitive market share via market analysis, exhibitions and technical skills
- Act to ensure strict adherence to QHSE policies and procedures and comply with safe work methods as required.
- Perform any other duty that may be assigned by Supervisor/line Manager
- Minimum B.Sc. in Human Relation or equivalent, M.Sc. in Human Resources or training related courses is a plus.
- Relevant professional qualification e.g. Chartered Institute of Personnel Management (CIPM), Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM).
- Minimum of 8 years relevant experience, 3 of which must be in a supervisory role.
- Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of training effects.
- Knowledge of applicable Laws on trainings and development.
- Knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel, PowerPoint, Autocad and computer graphics etc.
Job Title: Human Resources Business Partner
- This role ensures effectiveness in managing, developing, motivating and retaining staff.
- Act to ensure the achievement of HR strategy and objectives at the subsidiary level.
- Lead and direct the HR team in the SBU to deliver appropriate and efficient customer focused service across the HR value chain.
- In conjunction with the Group Head, HR & Office Services, act to ensure all company policies and procedures are up to date in line with regulatory requirements.
- Identify gaps in existing HR policies compared to business needs and contribute to the development and implementation of HR policies and procedures at the SBUs to ensure compliance.
- Develop effective working relationships with senior management team to ensure the delivery of HR plans to support the achievement of business areas and HR strategies.
- Embed a performance management culture within the business unit as a means of business improvement by ensuring clear objectives, feedback and the improvement of deliverables through behaviours aligned with company values.
- Oversee the management and timely resolution of employee related disciplinary and grievance issues at the SBUs.
- Ensure optimal utilization of the HR budget at the SBUs.
- Manage human resource information management systems at the SBUs.
- Obtain and review feedback from staff to aid/improve HR service levels and provide alerts on HR issues that may impact on other areas of operations.
- Make report on the performance of the HR function at the SBUs.
- Minimum of first degree in social science, Industrial Relations / Business Administration / related field.
- Relevant professional qualification e.g. CIPM, SHRM.
- 8 years’ work experience in HR Management with at least 3 years in a supervisory role.
- Good knowledge of best practice in HR policies and procedures.
- Good knowledge of HR systems.
- Proficiency in the use of relevant computer applications for reporting.
- Ability to work within tight schedules and timelines.
- Strong project and change management skills.
- Well-developed collaboration and communication skills.
- Good negotiation skills.
- Good Interpersonal and people management skills.
- Excellent leadership and team building skill
Deadline: 7th February, 2020
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.
Note: Only qualified candidates will be contacted.