Baobab is an investment company whose mission is to create a group of leading microfinance banks and finance companies in at least 15 countries by 2015 that will provide financial services and savings products to entrepreneurs who lack access to the traditional financial sector. Baobab was created in July 2005 by PlaNet Finance, and other investors including International Finance Corporation, AXA Belgium, and Societe Generale, with the European Investment Bank, the French Development Agency and Developing World Markets Joining later.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Estate Management Surveyor
Experience Level: Entry level – Mid level
Reporting Line: Chief Risk Officer
- Handle and execute day-to-day operations and management of residential & commercial properties.
- Sourcing for properties and have up to date knowledge of the real estate market.
- Interact and ensure smooth relationships between tenants and owners.
- Building a supply of exclusive mandates.
- The property manager is responsible for managing, supervising, coordinating and overseeing all logistics and administrative activities on site. He/she will also be in charge of ensuring client satisfaction, building a relationship between the tenants, the facility team and landlords.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of B.Sc in Real Estate or Estate Management any Technical discipline
- 1 -3 years of relevant experience
- Professional certification in HSE is an added advantage
- Determining the value of all descriptions of landed property and of the various interests therein;
- Managing and developing real estates and businesses concerned with the management of landed property;
- Sales and leasing of properties
- Marketing of properties
- Property management and maintenance coordination.
- Give weekly/Monthly Report on all Outstanding Rents
- Calculate Service charge and Ensure compliance from tenants
- Ensure all bills (PHCN, Security, Cleaning) are settled promptly
- Feasibility and viability studies
- To estimate the economic worth of Landed Property.
- Surveying the structure and conditions of buildings and their services and advising on their maintenance alteration and improvement;
- Managing, developing and surveying mineral property;
- Determining the economic use of resources in the construction industry and the financial appraisal and measurement of construction work;
- Selling (whether by public auction or otherwise), buying or letting, as an agent, real or personal property or any interests therein, and to maintain and promote the usefulness of the profession for the public advantage.
- Valuation of property/assets for various purposes
- Generate and support new business opportunities
- Act as a contact between the firm and its existing and prospective clients monitor trends in the industry and other marketing curricular activities,
- Perform other duties as assigned by Supervisor/Manager
Competencies (Knowledge, Skills and attributes):
- Good knowledge of Real Estate Management.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Customer service skills.
- Problem solving and analytical skills.
- Project management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Stress management.
- Organizational skills.
- Good attention to details.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Ability to prepare reports (MS word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Thorough, efficient and consistent in discharging duties on sites at all times.
- Exercises sound decision making when carrying out responsibilities.
- Practical, flexible and innovative approach to work.
- Team working skills.
- Must possess good IT skills.
Deadline: 24th January, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application and Resume to: email@example.com with “Estate Management Surveyor” as subject of the mail.