Head Teacher Job Vacancy in a Primary School in Victoria Island
Eden Solutins and Resources Limited – Our client, a Primary School [British Curriculum] located in Victoria Island, Lagos State is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head Teacher
- Sets, communicates and maintains the school’s values and ethos
- Formulates the school’s vision and longer-term plans and provides strategic leadership towards their achievement.
- Sets the school’s principal objectives in its annual development plan and establishes detailed plans to achieve those objectives.
- Develops, motivates and manages the staff team.
- Plans, directs, monitors and reports the use of financial and other resources
- Leads and manages teaching and learning in the school, working with the school leadership team and board of directors to identify, model and develop excellent teaching consistently, throughout the school.
- Builds and maintains a learning environment in which pupils’ behavior is exemplary, their curiosity for learning is engagingly stirred and the expectations of all pupils and staff are high.
- Works with the school leadership team and board of directors to determine, organize and implement a broad, balanced curriculum and its assessment.
- Systematically monitors and evaluates the quality of all teaching and learning in the school, setting challenging, realistic targets for improvement.
- Designs and embeds systems for assessment and moderation, ensuring these are fit for purpose.
- Monitors the progress and attainment of all groups in all subjects and works with staff to make timely impactful intervention to benefit pupils when gaps emerge.
- Helps staff to develop appropriate strategies to promote positive learning behavior
- Delegates effectively, giving school leadership team members and other staff responsibility to lead throughout the school, including (for example) line management and undertaking appraisals for teaching and support staff, taking lead responsibility for individual school priorities, phase and subject leadership.
- Keeps parents and careers informed and engaged through high quality communications and that relating to disciplinary matters, including fixed term exclusions, is clear, concise and understood by parents and careers
- Ensures the school’s assets are safeguarded and appropriately maintained
- Creates a culture of health and safety (H&S) compliance, risk awareness and danger reduction
- Has overall responsibility for staff members’ professional development
- 12 years overall experience teaching with the British national curriculum in ASIA, Africa or [UK] Europe.
- Must possess a minimum of 5 years school leadership experience in the following positions; head teacher, head of school or administrator.
- Experience in Primary school education preferred [with an understanding of EYFS]
- PGCE, Masters in Education and Education Administration.
Deadline: 25th January, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications in PDF or Ms-word to: email@example.com Title the application with this label, “Head Teacher – Lagos”
- Applications in either JPEG or GOOGLE Documents format will be rejected
- The position is a leadership position and only those who meet the criteria will be contacted.