BlueSlip invest / partner and grow international business in African market with a focus on west Africa. BlueSlip is also management consultancy firm, helping SME expand their operations and business. We provide varied management consultancy services for organisations.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Hotel Accountant
- Hotel accountants oversee hotel budgets, staff payroll, and overall finances. This skilled position is ideal for candidates who enjoy accounting and customer service.
- He/she must be a detail-oriented and should work with a high ethical standard.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Preparation of monthly management accounts including Profit and Loss Account, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow.
- Preparation of weekly financial reports including forecasting of profits, cash and payroll.
- Assistance in the preparation of books and files for audit and declaration of VAT and payroll taxes, including compliance with payment deadlines
- Income Audit – Ensuring that all sales are recorded accurately.
- Payroll – Highlighting/ generating reports for individual departments within each property addressing problem areas. Processing payroll and ensuring that rostering, time sheet input and payment via EFT is conducted in an effective and efficient manner.
- Cash/Bank Control – Ensure that all cash is managed and reconciled correctly and that there is a system in place for controlling the handling of cash throughout each property.
- Accounts Receivable – Ensure that the system of recording, invoicing and chasing of payments is done in an effective manner and that each property’s debtor are tracked and monitored periodically.
- Accounts Payable – Supervision of creditor process to include monitoring of PO system from sign off to matching of delivery dockets and invoices to sign off on creditor reconciliations at month end.
- Pro-active contribution to the overall property management with a particular emphasis on the maintenance of the control environment and cost management.
- Provide guidance and training to all managers and staff on all procedures including cash, purchasing, debt collection etc. to ensure strict adherence to financial controls.
- Ensure compliance with all departmental/company procedures and highlighting issues if necessary.
- Work closely with team to ensure understanding of departmental financial reporting, wage %, GPs and P&Ls.
- 5 years post qualification experience in industry
- ACA or ACCA
- Excellent communications skills, Accounts programmers, Payroll, day to day running of Accounts
Deadline: 14th February, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Note: Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.