PR24 is a specialist provider of risk management solutions and security services. We incorporate pre-emptive contingency planning and reporting, countrywide threat level assessment, risk mitigation advisory including the deployment of multi-skilled responders tailored to the unique needs of each client.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: IT Technical Support Officer
- The IT Technical Support Officer maintains the computer networks/systems of the organization and that of its clients ensuring that they run smoothly and providing technical support and advice to computer users.
- You will be responsible for diagnosing any hardware or software faults with these systems and will solve the issues either in person or over the phone.
- You will be right at the heart of matters as you need to deal directly with employees and clients who have technical problems such as trouble with their email accounts, forgotten passwords e.t.c.
- Shift and on-call work may be required.
- Proven work experience as a Technical Support Engineer, Desktop Support Engineer, IT Help Desk Technician or similar role
- Hands-on experience with Windows/Linux/Mac OS environments
- Good understanding of computer systems, mobile devices and other tech products
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot basic technical issues
- Familiarity with remote desktop applications and help desk software (eg. Zendesk)
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills
- Ability to provide step-by-step technical help, both written and verbal
- BS Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or relevant field
- Additional certification in Microsoft, Linux, Cisco or similar technologies is a plus
- The ability to think logically
- A good memory of how software and operating systems work
- Excellent listening and questioning skills, combined with the ability to interact confidently with clients to establish what the problem is and explain the solution
- The ability to work well in a team
- Problem solving skills
- A strong customer focus
- The ability to prioritise your workload
- Attention to detail.
- Repairing equipment and replacing parts
- Supervising junior engineering and technical staff
- Talking to clients and computer users to determine the nature of problems
- Responding to breakdowns
- Installing and configuring computer hardware, software, systems, networks, printers, scanners and more
- Investigating, diagnosing and solving computer software and hardware faults
- Agreeing call-out timescales
- Maintaining records of software licences
- Managing stocks of equipment, consumables and other supplies.
- Obtaining replacement or specialist components, fixtures or fittings
- Ensuring compliance with health and safety legislation
- Checking computer equipment for electrical safety
- Planning and undertaking scheduled maintenance upgrades
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application and CV to: email@example.com using the “Job title” as subject of the email.