Job Recruitment in an International Maritime Security Firm, 17th January, 2020
Willers Solutions Limited – Our client, an International Maritime Security firm is looking to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Naval Commander (Retired)
- Ensure the operations team are fully up to date with all ongoing operators and deal with any daily issues regarding embarked Navy teams, be it the Nigerian authority facing representatives.
- Ensure safety and security of shipping crew and shipping assets both on land and sea environments.
- Responsible for carrying drills and security & safety procedures on large ships cruising in international and piracy prone waters for averting any risks by continuously monitoring threats and vulnerabilities; and responding with necessary action as required.
- Training of security staff and shipping crew on weapon handling, vigilance and loss prevention mechanisms, and international laws pertaining to shipping industry.
- Preparing reports on key security metrics and sharing it with concerned authorities for real time monitoring
- Maintenance of technical security equipment such as CCTVs, communication devices to ensure security readiness round the clock
- Ensure maximum security of vessels as per the guidelines and standard operating procedures (SOPs) as laid by the organization.
- A retired Nigerian Naval Commander / Commodore with trackable records of Maritime Security Services.
- Min of 20 years’ experience of MARINE and VESSEL OPERATIONS.
- Must have related Trainings / certifications of International Maritime Standards.
Job Title: Marine Technical Manager
Location: Port-Harcourt, Rivers
- Vessel Management, the technical part as well as overall management of the process.
- Vessel Maintenance (Planned & Preventive) and Repair Management:
- Health, Environmental and Quality Policies and Procedures.
- Vessel Dry-docking – start to end process
- Vendor Technical Relations- everything ranging from evaluation of spare parts, requisition, supply, maintenance and safe operations of the vessel
- Liaising with clients, crew and local stakeholders.
- Appoint and manage subcontractors for vessel maintenance and services.
- Charter Technical Audits- supervision, investigation, point of contact in developing client relations o Statutory Compliance should be met in every aspect be it port state control, vessels with class society among other responsibilities.
- Minimum of B.Sc. Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in Marine Operations; marine engines, generators and technical aspects of vessels
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience as a Marine Technical Manager.
Job Title: Marine Operations Manger
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
- Manage and execute all Maritime Operations in order to optimize service levels and operational efficiency.
- Oversees all operational activities to ensure high quality and optimized service delivery.
- Provide positive stakeholder relationship with all suppliers and service providers.
- Optimizes fleet capacity utilization and standardization o Investigates new opportunities for deriving value from marine services competencies
- Supervises Operations and Vessel budget preparation
- Reviews monthly operational budget results, implements monthly variance reporting as compared to budget and advice on expenditure trends.
- Provides all the necessary support to ensure timely port turnaround and shipyard repair activities. o Monitors/rectifies non-compliance to vessel operating and SMS procedures.
- Minimum of a B.Sc. Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Naval Architecture or Marine Management
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience as a marine operations manager
- Knowledgeable and highly experienced with security escort operations Nigerian nationality Operations Manager.
Deadline; 30th January, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV “MS Word format” to: email@example.com using “Retired Navy Commander” as the email subject.
Note: Only qualified candidates will be shortlisted.