Job Vacancies at Techie Planet Limited, 2nd January, 2020
Techie Planet is a top rank software development and technology consulting company that provides enterprise software solutions and services of global class quality to the satisfaction of its clients to improve their business processes, catalyse their operational throughput and help achieve their goals.
We focus on enterprise web and mobile (Android & iOS) solutions, business intelligence and analytics solutions, enterprise portals and systems integration. We work with private organizations and government bodies to deliver solutions in various industries including healthcare, real estate, financial services, manufacturing and the public sector.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Java Backend Developer
- We are looking for experienced Java developers primarily responsible for building web application backends. This role involves implementing enterprise application logic, back-end services, web services, algorithms and database integration.
- Your primary responsibility will be to design and develop these applications, and to work with the rest of the team working on different layers of the infrastructure.
- Translate application requirements, storyboards and use cases into functional applications
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Java code
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the applications
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end and mobile app developers
- Build efficient, testable, and reusable Java codes and modules
- Solve complex performance problems and architectural challenges
- Integration with databases (SQL and NoSQL)
- Collaborate with other team members in brainstorming sessions to define, design, test and ship new features
- Identify, correct bottlenecks and fix bugs on new and existing applications
- Help maintain code quality and organization by doing code reviews.
Requirements / Skills
- Highly proficient in the java language for solving complex algorithmic problems
- Vast experience with the popular Spring / Spring Boot Java web application framework
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming
- Familiar with various design and architectural patterns
- Knowledge of concurrency and threading in Java
- Familiarity with concepts of MVC, JDBC, JPA and REST web services in Java / Springboot
- Familiarity with usage of ORM technologies e.g. Hibernate, EclipseLink
- Experience in using Java with both SQL and NoSQL databases especially Redis and MongoDB
- Understanding of database migration and seeding in Java
- Creating database schemas that represent and support complex business processes
- Good understanding of programming conventions for writing secure, easily readable and maintainable Java code
- Familiarity with Test Driven Development and automated testing libraries like Junit, Mockito
- Proficient understanding of Git code versioning tool
- Familiarity with build tools such as Ant, Maven, and Gradle
- Good grasp of other languages such as PHP or NodeJs is a distinct advantage.
- Familiarity with Java messaging with tools like JMS, RabbitMQ, Apache Kafka is a distinct advantage
- B.Sc. or HND holder.
Job Title: Front End Web Developer
Job type: Full Time
- We seek a highly skilled Front-End Web Developer able to combine the art of design with the art of programming.
- Responsibilities will include translation of UI / UX design wireframes to actual code that will produce visual elements of the application.
- You will work with UI / UX designer(s) to bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation.
- You will also work with backend developers to ensure interaction between the backend and front end is smooth and users can perform any actions easily and effectively.
- Develop rich, exciting, functional and easy-to-use user-facing features
- Build reusable code and components for future use
- Direct and ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimize application frontend for maximum speed and scalability
- Ensure that all user input is validated before submitting to back-end
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
Requirements / Skills
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
- Good understanding and usage of ReactJS for implementing modern user interfaces and building reusable components.
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, data fetching, partial page updates, and AJAX.
- Solid experience and understanding of working with JSON.
- Basic knowledge of image authoring tools, to be able to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image.
- Good grasp of tools such Photoshop, Illustrator, Fireworks etc. is a plus.
- Ability to do actual graphical UI / UX design work with image authoring tools is a distinct advantage but not compulsory
- Understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Understanding of code versioning with Git
- Understanding of SEO principles and conventions in page scripting and ensuring that application will adhere to them.
- B.Sc. or HND holder.
Job Title: Product / Project Manager
Job type: Full Time
- You will be responsible for guiding the success of products and projects, leading the cross-functional team(s) responsible for developing and improving them. Innovation, strategy, managing releases, gathering / defining requirements, feature specification, and prioritization are at the core of your work.
- For external projects, you will lead the interface between our clients and project development and execution team, ensure projects run smoothly, prepare all necessary documents and ensure that clients are always in the loop of project progress at all times.
- Internally, you will assemble and work with software engineers, graphic designers, etc. to ensure projects are delivered to quality and time at best possible budgets.
- Define / refine project / product requirements
- Ensure that projects have clear scope, goals and timelines.
- Develop user stories and feature specifications from requirements
- Manage product releases as needed against timelines
- Lead development team to successful implementation and delivery on projects
- Manage scope creeps and requirement changes to satisfaction of Techie Planet and clients
- Manage project planning, scheduling, task assignments and resource allocations within budget.
- Perform project risk evaluations and come up with mitigation plans
- Support project analysis and planning during team brainstorming sessions
- Manage project communications, providing formal and informal status updates both internally and externally.
- Take charge of coordinating and developing winning proposals and bids for the company
- Be in constant communication with team members.
- Be in constant communication with clients, ensuring prompt dispatch of relevant updates
- Ensure client expectations are met and surpassed.
Skills / Requirements
- A strong technical background and experience analysing and discussing technical issues.
- Former software development / engineering experience is an advantage
- Good understanding of agile project management methodology and best practices
- Former software project or product management experience with agile is a great advantage
- Ability to quickly and thoroughly understand the functional and technical aspects of complex systems.
- Strong teamwork and leadership skills
- Ability to inspire team members individually and foster seamless collaboration
- Doggedness to uphold best practices for tasks
- Doggedness to deliver projects to required quality, scope and objectives while being on-time and on-budget.
- Ability to seamlessly handle multiple projects at once.
- Proficiency with project management tools like JIRA, Trello, Slack, etc.
- Excellent written and oral corporate communication skills.
Deadline: 15th January, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the “Job Title” as the subject of the mail.