Job Vacancy for a Librarian in a Leading Law Firm
Pivotage Consulting – Our client, a leading law firm is currently seeking to grow its team by hiring services of the position below:
Job Title: Librarian
Ref No: GO/5232/LBN
Location: Lagos State
Type: Full Time
Reports to: MD.
- Providing the organization and users with professional research, reference and consultation services, ensuring efficient library operations and administration, and maintaining the library and its materials effectively.
- Establishing and implementing efficient firm’s library operation, policies and procedures.
- Developing, organizing and maintaining library collections to meet the demands of the firm and protection of the library’s resources.
- Assisting users in the location of specific material and information.
- Conducting in-depth research using both online and print resources and produce abstracts and reports using the research data collected.
- Cataloging, classifying all library resources and ensuring an accurate and current inventory of library materials.
- Responding to requests for information quickly and reliably by using all appropriate resources and develop and enforce cost-effective and reliable methods for the collection of information.
- Conducting bibliographic searches to support user and organizational information needs.
- Ensuring compliance with relevant laws and regulations including copyright in connection with use of library materials and resources.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Strong communication skills – written and verbal.
- Problem analysis and problem-solving skills
- Must be a good team player with Interpersonal skills.
- Must be confident, have a dynamic personality.
- Must have strong organizational skills and good multi-tasking skill.
- Must be adaptable and flexible
- Must have the ability to work without supervision.
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Library Science or related degree.
- Must have a minimum of 3 – 5 plus years relevant experience.
- Must have in-depth knowledge of library policies, procedures and practices.
- Must have knowledge of bibliographic management tools and technology.
- Must have knowledge of principles and practices of library materials acquisition.
- Must have knowledge of proper research methodology.
- Must have experience with the use of online database services and virtual reference services.
- Must be proficient in standard office software applications.
- knowledge of conservation and preservation techniques for library materials.
- Must have experience in budget development and management.
Deadline: 22nd January, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV (Please ensure CVs are in MS Word format only) to: email@example.com using “Librarian” as the subject of the email.