Job Vacancy for Compliance Manager at Sifax Group
Sifax Group is one of Africa’s fastest growing multinational corporations with diverse interests in Maritime, Aviation, Haulage & Logistics, Oil & Gas and Hospitality.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Compliance Manager
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos State
- The staff will be responsible for evaluating company’s policies and procedures to ensure they are in line with established regulatory standards.
- He/ She will review different departments in the organization to ensure they adhere to set laws as well as conducting regular audits and reviews to ensure fulfilment of compliance standards.
- The Compliance Manager will report directly to the Compliance Coordinator.
- Minimum of First Degree in any discipline
- Recognized professional certification e.g. ICAN, ACCA, ACA, (Must be chartered)
- Minimum five (5) years relevant experience in Compliance in financial services industry.
- SEC Sponsored individual will be an advantage.
- Strong leadership/supervisory and people management skills
- Inspires respect and trust
- Ability to meet challenges with resourcefulness
- Knowledge of audit standards and regulations
- Risk assessment, analysis, management, business process and control analysis
- Auditing/accounting/cost control
- Enterprise risk management
- Investigation and reporting
- Persuasion skills
- Analytical & Reporting Skills
- Ability to establish priorities, maintain confidentiality and work under pressure.
- Relationship management
- Ability to be self-directed, independently motivated, multi-task.
- Possess very good working knowledge of MS Suite specifically Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Detailed Job Description/ Key Responsibilities
- Design and implement programs/policies useful in ensuring compliance with the SIFAX Group’s policies, government and legal regulations
- Prepare and present compliance reports useful in taking key business decisions
- Review control system periodically to make necessary adjustments for system development
- Evaluate and revise existing company procedures and regulations in order to identify and resolve hidden/potential issues in company laws
- Liaise with the HR department to ensure implementation of disciplinary action in event of compliance violation
- Prepare and file compliance reports to appropriate regulatory body and ensure proper documentation of compliance activities for reference purposes
- Conduct investigations to identify the root of compliance issue(s) in order to resolve it
- Conduct risk assessments on company products and operations in order to identify risks and develop appropriate risk management strategy
- Revise and modify company policies to minimize risk of legal non-compliance issue
- Carry out compliance audits covering all operational areas
- Promote and support a culture of compliance and corporate accountability through training and knowledge sharing
- Examine and evaluate the policies, procedures and systems which are in place to ensure- reliability and integrity of information, compliance with policies, plans, procedures, laws and regulations, safeguarding assets, economical and efficient use of resources, and accomplishment of established objectives and goals for operations or programs
- Monitor and ensure that all the regulatory and statutory requirements are adhered to and all payments and returns are completed as at when due
- Respond to regulatory inquiries from relevant authorities and ensure all administrative records are up to date
- Review the company’s practices and records for compliance with established rules and regulations
- Conduct investigation of all identified irregularities
Deadline: 13th January, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.