Job Vacancy for Medical Doctor at Medecins Sans Frontieres – Spain
Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid in more than 60 countries to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural or man-made disasters or exclusion from healthcare.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Medical Doctor
Location: Gwoza LGA, Borno
Working hours: 48 Hours Per week
Grade Level: 9
Contract Duration: 12 Months
Report to: Medical Activity Manager
Report to (functional): Medical Activity Manager
No of Places: 01
- Provide outpatient and/or inpatient medical care to patients/beneficiaries according to adapted and updated medi-cal knowledge, MSF protocols, values and universal hygiene standards to improve the patients/beneficiaries health conditions.
- Apply medical knowledge and skills to diagnose and prevention. Carry out outpatient and inpatient consultations, prescribing the necessary treatment respecting MSF protocols.
- Ensure ongoing training of the medical/paramedical multidisciplinary team in order to optimize the quality of care.
- Knows and ensures all MSF medical protocols are followed and implemented, checking universal precautions are followed at all times and reducing bio-hazard risks and improving infection control. Ensures professional confidentiality is respected.
- Manage the team under his/her direct responsibility according to MSF HR policies and procedures, supervising their performance, organizing and scheduling shifts and rotations, directly participating in emergencies and on calls if necessary.
- Keep the patient and/or his/her family informed about the illness and provide appropriate explanations about the treatment to follow, checking they have understood.
- Follow up the evolution of the hospitalized/IDP patients, through daily visits , consultations and examinations, prescribing the necessary treatment following MSF protocols, deciding whether they can be discharged or transferred to other departments – in collaboration with other doctors- and informing their family about the patient’s evolution.
- Check and control the rational distribution of medicines and equipment under his/her responsibility and take care the quality, disinfection and sterilization of the medical material. Assure general compliance with standing hygiene standards.
- Participate in the collection and analysis of epidemiological data, checking its validity and informing the line manager or project coordinator about any problem or complication of the patients illness, medical error and monitors the proper functioning of the department, equipment or material.
- Education: Medical Doctor, MBBS or equivalent, from an accredited institution/Medical College plus
- Experience: 2 years experience minimum as a Medical Doctor or in clinical work (can be within medical training). Desirable in tropical medicine, or post-registration experience in Public Health, obs and gynae, paediatrics, infectious diseases, HIV/AIDS/STDs, TB, general practice, general medicine or minor surgery.
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel).
- Mission language (English) essential. Local language (Hausa, Mandra, Kanuri) desirable.
- People Management
NGN 5, 973, 591 (Annual basic salary + 13th month) As per the MSF salary scale (National contract)
Deadline: 29th January, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV, motivation letter, copies of credentials and copy of the NYSC certificate (only PDF or Word) either by email to: email@example.com clearly indicating the “Job Title and Reference ID” as the subject of your mail.
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted
- Applications are non-returnable. Do not submit original certificates or credentials.
- MSF Encourages Women and People with Disability Status to Apply.