Cedarcrest Hospitals was founded in Abuja in January 2008 and was formerly known as Cedarcrest Orthopaedic Clinics. Within a few years, the hospital expanded its scope of practice into a full-fledged private multispecialty hospital. The core vision of the organisation is to provide world-class healthcare services to patients in Nigeria, West Africa, and globally.
With hospitals located in both Abuja and Lagos, our services accommodate over one hundred (100) beds and provide services and facilities such as emergency / trauma center, a helipad, major radiology diagnostic center, a prosthetic manufacturing plant, an oxygen manufacturing plant, modular surgical operating theatres, cardiac catheterization unit and several other facilities that make for a modern multispecialty hospital.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Physiotherapist
- Reporting to the Hospital Manager, the Physiotherapist is responsible for performing the physiotherapeutic assessment of patients with diverse and complex conditions.
- The incumbent will be responsible for carrying out assessments to evaluate patients’ range of movement and ability to perform normal routine tasks on their own.
- The incumbent will be expected to plan and develop bespoke treatment plans, which help patients to regain their independence and mobility by using purposeful activities.
- BPT/BScPT in Physiotherapy. Master of Physical Therapy will be an added advantage.
- 3+ years of proven experience as a Physiotherapist.
- Understanding of Physical Therapy’s best practice.
- Good time management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Tolerance and patience.
- Good physical health and fitness.
- Ability to work in a team.
- The ability to build a rapport with patients from a variety of backgrounds and communicate with their relatives and carers.
- Works with patients with a variety of conditions, including but not limited to neurological, neuromusculoskeletal, cardiovascular and respiratory, sometimes for weeks or months.
- Diagnose, assess and treat the patient’s physical problem/condition.
- To evaluate a patients’ progress, reassess and alter treatment programs if required, developing reflective practice.
- Responsible for encouraging exercise and movement of patients.
- Develop and review treatment programs that encourage exercise and movement through the use of a range of techniques.
- Advice patients on leading a healthy lifestyle.
- Responsible for involving patients and their carers in the treatment, review, and rehabilitation of patients.
- Educate patients and their carers about how to prevent and/or improve conditions.
- Liaise with other healthcare professionals to exchange information about the background and progress of patients, as well as to refer patients who require other medical attention.
- Liaise with other healthcare professionals to encourage a holistic approach to treatment.
- Be highly skilled in communicating with patients of all ages who have a range of physical and psychological barriers to understanding.
- Keep up to date with new techniques and technologies available for treating patients.
- Write patient’s case notes and reports and collect statistics.
- Responsible for maintaining accurate and comprehensive patient treatment records.
- The incumbent is expected to be caring, compassionate and professional at all times.
- Responsible for managing clinical risks that could occur in the physiotherapy department.
- Provide support, guidance, and training to physiotherapy assistants.
- Staying up to date with developments in treatments.
- Employment is contingent on passing a medical screening conducted by the hospital
- Employee will be subject to various testing including but not limited to drug and medical testing throughout the tenure of their employment
- Knowledge of workflow processes.
Deadline: 20th January, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.