Job Vacancy for Project Manager, TEGA Networks at Girl Effect Nigeria
Girl Effect, We’re a creative non-profit empowering girls to change their lives. Started by the Nike Foundation, we are experts in media, mobile, brand and international development: a unique mix of skills that we use to solve global problems in a different way.
We work across the world in the places where girls are marginalised and vulnerable. We create for young people in ways they love and interact with. And it’s all delivered through the media and mobile tech they use every day – from apps that build skills, to TV dramas that explore vital issues, to magazines written by girls.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Manager, TEGA Networks
Job Type: 12 month contract
Who We Are
- Girl Effect builds youth brands and mobile platforms to empower girls to change their lives
- We’re a creative non-profit empowering girls to change their lives. Started by the Nike Foundation, we are experts in media, mobile, brand and international development: a unique mix of skills that we use to solve global problems in a different way.
- We work across the world in the places where girls are marginalised and vulnerable. We create for young people in ways they love and interact with. And it’s all delivered through the media and mobile tech they use every day – from apps that build skills, to TV dramas that explore vital issues, to magazines written by girls.
Context of Role
- As part of a consortium, Girl Effect has just received funding to carry out research and provide third party monitoring support to the DFID-funded North East Nigeria Transition to Development Programme (NENTAD).
- The NENTAD will support transition from humanitarian response to development programming in north east Nigeria, helping to avoid a protracted crisis.
- It will enable the Government to deliver an effective response to the basic needs of vulnerable people impacted by conflict, including provision of humanitarian support. It will strengthen people’s resilience and Government capacity to respond in order to reduce the number of people in need of humanitarian assistance and enable a transition to longer term, developmental interventions that start to address the root causes of the conflict.
- The main areas of focus of NENTAD include: nutrition; food security; protection; education in emergencies; multi-sector response; and enabling the response. The geographical focus of NENTAD is Adamawa, Borno and Yobe States.
- Oversee the application of the TEGA methodology to collect data about implementing partners’ humanitarian interventions in some communities in Borno, Yobe and Adamawa states and in other states as necessary
- Assume leadership over Girl Effect’s field-level operations in the North East and in any other region we establish a network
- Provide administrative and logistics support for the setup of TEGA networks and collection of data about implementing partners’ interventions in target locations
- Manage the TEGA implementing partner to ensure that the TEGA set up and research is being operated safely and efficiently on the ground
- Coordinate with consortium partners/ clients on the ground to ensure that Girl Effect’s workstream aligns with the activities of consortium partners/clients
- Prepare monthly and quarterly progress reports for activities under Girl Effect’s workstream & provide inputs to periodic research initiatives
- Liaise with relevant team members in GEN and GEL to ensure that TEGAs get all the required support when collecting data from the field. Also, flag any risks or concerns with the potential to derail effective implementation of project activities
- Liaise with the evidence team to collect critical information from implementing partners’ interventions. Also, establish meaningful channels of communication between Girl Effect and implementing partners
- Adhere to Girl Effect’s Safeguarding policy and practice, reporting any concern in relation to the safeguarding of TEGAs which may be related with partners, respondents, DFID programme beneficiaries and/or non-beneficiaries
- You will also work on new TEGA projects as required
Research, Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Support the Evidence team to design and deliver TEGA research including for the DFID programme (and other TEGA programmes as required) including formative, monitoring and evaluation and creative testing
- Support the Evidence team to create youth-friendly survey tools, integrate girl feedback and conduct qualitative data analysis to produce reports with clear and actionable insights and recommendations for Girl Effect and its partners
- Support the Senior Manager, Evidence with development of qualitative and quantitative measurement frameworks and data gathering methods across NENTAD programme states
- Work closely with Gender, Safeguarding and Evidence teams to ensure that research is respectful, youth-friendly, and appropriate for different cultural and social contexts
- Provide technical support to research implementation, ensuring that methods, tools, ethical and safeguarding standards, and field implementation meet high standards
Who You Are
- You will have a bachelor’s degree with at least 6 years project management experience, and beneficiary accountability in a large complex programme
- Must be able to work collaboratively and excellent interpersonal, team working and communication skills. We encourage creativity and better communication through our supportive culture which values knowledge sharing, learning and working together to achieve the best that we can
- You are a team player with proven ability to work well with a small team as well as respond to authority
- You can demonstrate a proven ability to influence change at an operational and strategic levels
- You will be politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy
- You can demonstrate a high level of written and spoken English. Ability to speak Hausa is desirable but not a must
- You should have experience of working in insecure environments (HEAT Training an advantage)
- Have good awareness of requirements around heightened security and response measures
- You’ll be a star at negotiating, developing and implementing successful partnerships with multiple stakeholders
- Ability to interpret research tools and coordinate respondent recruitment in locations where research will be conducted and provide timely and clear feedback on recruitment status to the Evidence team
- Ability to communicate with partners on the progress of research work and proactively initiate timelines changes where required through effective collaboration with evidence team
- You have excellent organisational and communication skills with good attention to detail and follow up on tasks
- You can work on your own initiative when the circumstances arise
- You will have the capacity and willingness to be extremely flexible and accommodating in difficult and sometimes insecure working circumstances
- You should be able to demonstrate a commitment to the aims and values of Girl Effect. In particular, a good understanding of the Girl Effect’s mandate and child-focus, and the ability to ensure this always underpins the support provided
What Else You Should Know
- As we continue to scale and grow – we are hugely ambitious for our future and we are looking for people who are driven by this to change the world for girls.
- Our teams are a diverse mix across sectors (non-profit and commercial) and specialisms (from Brand and Creative through to Gender and Insight). You’ll learn and grow in an environment that will challenge you to think and work with a fresh perspective.
- At Girl Effect, you can expect to work somewhere where you will be stretched and developed in your role, a place where you can build your career and work with talented, engaged people committed to our cause to create a lasting impact.
- This role is being recruited as a 12 month fixed term contract.
Deadline: 5th February, 2020
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online